• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What can I do now?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hello, I'm a noob here so have pity.

Okay, pity, I can do that...you poor thing... :(
superball_avatar.gif

.........alright, that's enough...
intolerance.gif

Now, use the damn search, got it? :D

Welcome to the forum.

Do what everyone else said but most importantly, concentrate on not becoming a social retard like the other 300,000 home schooled children I know. Do that, and all will be fine.
No need to worry about my social life I am a active Boy Scout(almost an Eagle), I have a few state championship titles under my belt in two 4-H clubs, I am very active in my parish, and I frequently attend chaperoned parties.

P.S.: how can anyone with six siblings not be sociable?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hello, I'm a noob here so have pity. I'm a homeschooled highschool student from Kentucky wanting to fly a F-18 or a F-35(if they are ever used) for the Marines.

Well, here's some friendly advice...change your avatar to an aircraft flown by the Marines (they do not fly the Super Hornet and have no plans to in the future either as it is a sore subject).

This is a Super Hornet (note intakes)

f18010%20(Custom).jpg

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do what everyone else said but most importantly, concentrate on not becoming a social retard like the other 300,000 home schooled children I know. Do that, and all will be fine.

Wow, you are sociable! You really get around to know those 300,000 home schooled kids!

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Well, here's some friendly advice...change your avatar to an aircraft flown by the Marines (they do not fly the Super Hornet and have no plans to in the future either as it is a sore subject).

This is a Super Hornet (note intakes)

f18010%20(Custom).jpg

Just dont pick 80's Metal bands, thats my gig kid:D

BlackBearHockey

go blue...

Amazing ignorance and bigotry. Unless, of course, you are "kidding". Then disregard all that follows ....

I would have to agree with A4s, but in FLY_USMC's defense, he's not too far off track.

In my experience, everyone that I've known who's been homeschooled have been socially awkward. I don't mean to paint a general picture and am not saying it's typical; however, most of the home schooled students have either made no attempt or have had no attempt forced on them to be active in social organizations such as athletics or bangin' chaperoned parties. They wake up, go to the table and go to school, stay and eat dinner, then go to bed. If you do that, you might have some problems, but if you are active in athletics or something else, it's not a bad situation at all.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
It's been my experience that there are generally two groups who homeschool--those who are doing it for religious reasons and those who are doing it for academic reasons. I am a fairly religious guy, in spite of my incessant dirty mouth and drinking habit, so I am not anti-religion in any way, shape, or form. However, a large portion of that highly-religious crowd have worldviews that are downright scary, and those views rub off on their children. Their goal is to at least partially separate from a "sinful" society, and their results bear this out. This is the group I think FLY and BlackBear are talking about. Would YOU hang out with Rod and Tod Flanders? I think not.

The parents who homeschool because of educational quality and whose goal is not to simply withdraw from society will tend to have better adjusted children.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
The parents who homeschool because of educational quality and whose goal is not to simply withdraw from society will tend to have better adjusted children.

I had never really considered it before, but I think you draw a very important distinction.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I would have to agree with A4s, but in FLY_USMC's defense, he's not too far off track......etc., etc., etc. ....

You guys obviously have preconceived notions about how home schooling works and what it produces. And, of course, they're wrong. Check the national standards and the results therein. That's one of the dirty little secrets the public school establishment (and believe me, there IS one) doesn't want YOU to know: that home-schooled kids test out higher on a regular and continuing basis when compared to the public school product. 'Course, mebbe they're not as "cool" as the public school punks think they are .... don't know the latest rapper or designer drug or what Nike tennis shoe to wear -- you know; the important stuff. :)

Sooooooooooo ..... you must have personal experience with home schooling OR you know a lot of home-schooled kids whose parents are nut-cases from the get-go ... then what you are describing COULD take place --- occasionally. 'Course, it never does in public school, yes??? You know, where there's all PTA participation and parental supervision -- right???

In my experience, s
ome of the kids were GREAT, some were AVERAGE, some were DORKS. But very few were as you or FLY_USMC describe ... and of course, we know there's none of those "social retards" in the public school system, in any case, yes??? AND most certainly NOT on Air Warriors, either .... correct??? :)

We're not talkin' about David Koresh's kids, you know ....

I speak from personal experience; knowing a LOT of home schooled kids -- mainly 'cause a lot of the public schools in the South were crap. Today -- I would unfortunately have to say that condition pretty much covers most of the "educational" landscape; the South has no monopoly on substandard public education any more ....

So our choices were: private school (which we did when available), home school (when we had to), and public school (when we had to ) .... overall, it worked out great for our kids.

Both of you guys' posts show you know little/nothing of home schooling. You only know of the aberrations and/or the "problems" you may hear of --- which once again, those with an agenda (and it's usually $$$$$) are quick to point out to those who will buy pretty much anything they hear.

For the love of God !!! Why am I defending home schooling on a Naval Aviation website ???