• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are you reading?

Farva01

BKR
pilot
Finished Oceans Ventured by former Secretary on the Navy John Lehman. The timeline is a bit jumbled and he repeats himself a lot, but a really interesting book to read based on current events.
The book is about the build up to a 600 ship Navy and how the United States kept poking the Soviets in the eye by using large exercises to show the superiority of the US Navy. Gave me a better perspective and appreciation for what are usually pain in the ass exercises (e.g. Valiant Shield).
Definitely going to recommend it as reading for my JOs as we get into workups and deployment.

Griz882

pilot
Found this one in the "Little Free Library" on my street. Pretty interesting read in that the guy started as an Army pilot (with a GED), jumped to the Marines, and did a Royal Navy flying tour. An easy read with some good stories.

Farva01

BKR
pilot
Bloody Sixteen: The USS Oriskany and Air Wing 16 during the Vietnam War
By Peter “Booger” Fey.
Booger is a Prowler guy who I overlapped with in Fallon. He worked on this book for a long time and it is a good read. I can’t even fathom the optempo those guys went through. The loss of life and aircraft is just staggering no matter how many times you hear it. Get in the books and be better than the enemy and hope
You are resourced for what you need.

nittany03

FUBIJAR
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bloody Sixteen: The USS Oriskany and Air Wing 16 during the Vietnam War
By Peter “Booger” Fey.
Booger is a Prowler guy who I overlapped with in Fallon. He worked on this book for a long time and it is a good read. I can’t even fathom the optempo those guys went through. The loss of life and aircraft is just staggering no matter how many times you hear it. Get in the books and be better than the enemy and hope
You are resourced for what you need.

Wow. Seems to be attracting some legit reviews. I think this guy may have written a book or two.