• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are my chances of a LASIK / PRK waiver (SNA)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AV4Life

So I recently completed DoDMERB, and the results said my refractive error is a -9.25 R eye and -10.75 L eye with -1.00 cylinder.

For what it’s worth, I passed all the color and depth perception tests with flying colors. I’ve been told by several eye surgeons that I’m a good candidate for both LASIK and PRK.

I know my chances are slim, but am I able to qualify for a refractive surgery waiver for Class I (SNA)? The waiver guide says up to -8.00 is “NCD” and doesn’t require a waiver and, past that, waivers are “considered on a case-by-case basis”. Which seems very ambiguous to me.

Any insights based off my situation would be appreciated. I am NROTC, not OCS. At any rate, I assume the Navy is just going to toss me to the side.

Attachments

• IMG_9502.jpeg
    IMG_9502.jpeg
    469.4 KB · Views: 10

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So I recently completed DoDMERB, and the results said my refractive error is a -9.25 R eye and -10.75 L eye with -1.00 cylinder.

For what it’s worth, I passed all the color and depth perception tests with flying colors. I’ve been told by several eye surgeons that I’m a good candidate for both LASIK and PRK.

I know my chances are slim, but am I able to qualify for a refractive surgery waiver for Class I (SNA)? The waiver guide says up to -8.00 is “NCD” and doesn’t require a waiver and, past that, waivers are “considered on a case-by-case basis”. Which seems very ambiguous to me.

Any insights based off my situation would be appreciated. I am NROTC, not OCS. At any rate, I assume the Navy is just going to toss me to the side.

There’s a mega section on vision / aviation here:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Talk with your ophthalmologist about post-surgery outcomes. Nobody here can assess your post-op chances of falling within the waiverable parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.