• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are my chances if I am 29 yrs old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarco

banghead_125.gif
Dear people, this is my very first post. With that said, I have a very huge problem: I am 29 years old. I hope to complete my degree withing a year. Also, I am prior enlisted. Does anyone have a clue of what are my chances, and what can I do to expedite my processing? I am considering taking the ASBT, but I am looking for ways to shorten the time required to get me a commision. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

RobNLa

Zarco,

You can obtain age waivers based on prior service. What were you applying for? Any commission or just aviation. For some officer programs you can be as old as 34. As far as shortening the processing time, go ahead and apply now. That way after graduation you can go to OCS without an incredibly long wait. Hope that helps.

onee

I got accepted at age 29. Don't sweat it, just hurry up and finish up that degree. Honestly, I was a little worried about it too, so I changed my minor, in order to graduate 1 semester early.

RobNLa

Contact your local Naval recruiting station. They will put you in contact with an officer recruiter (OSO). He should be able to set you up to take the test.

1devildoc

My husband just turned 30 this month, and his package just went in for a USMC pilot spot. He is currently active duty with 12 years of service. His OSO thinks everything looks great, the board selects early August, so we will let you know the outcome. The whole application process takes a while, it took my husband almost a year, but he had alot going on. I wouldn't think it would take you that long. Apply as soon as you can. Get in touch with an officer recruiter ASAP! Good Luck!

NFOtoBE

VP-5 NFO
I was prior enlisted and 30 years old when I applied. I was accepted and turned 31 just after graduation of OCS. The age waiver for NFO was 31, Just made it... :) Don't wait if you want it apply now.....all they can do is say NO.
Good luck!

lvgravy

If you are a prior you have until the age of 32, I don't know if that means you have to be an "O" by 32 or accepted by then either way I think you still have time

"Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid"
-unknown

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
I thought the pilot age limit was 27 and that they had stopped with the age waivers. Just thought i saw a thread on that here a while ago.

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

1devildoc

As far as the age thing goes for the USMC, here is the official word from the Marine Corps Recruiting Command website:

"Age waiver applicants over 27.5, will be considered for ages up to, but not including 29 (MCP1100.73B). Exception to Policy waivers will be granted based on the "Whole Marine" concept.

Hope that helps!

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
Good to hear, goodluck to you and your husband! :)

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

1devildoc

Well my husband was selected by the board, but his exception to the age policy was denied. So much for an entire year of working his ass off!

AldAE

Originally posted by lvgravy
If you are a prior you have until the age of 32, I don't know if that means you have to be an "O" by 32 or accepted by then either way I think you still have time

Some programs can be entered as long as you are commissioned by age 35. I know a 34 year old that was accepted.

Rayman

Originally posted by onegembu
I got accepted at age 29. Don't sweat it, just hurry up and finish up that degree. Honestly, I was a little worried about it too, so I changed my minor, in order to graduate 1 semester early.

are you prior enlisted?

Status
Not open for further replies.