• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Weight of PRT on Final-Select?

Stretch32

I finally got pro-rec'd for SNA and now I'll take the PRT on Monday (Aug 20th). I wanted to know the weight the PRT carries on your final select, if anything major. I have no trouble doing more than the mininmums and shouldn't do too bad but I wanted an idea if anybody knew anything as to how big an impact it can have. I normally do about 45 (maybe 50) pu, 75 su and my 1.5mi in around 11 mins. I know this isn't great but it is higher than the minimum score. Any thoughts on this? I just need the last little bit to get to final select and would hate to blow it when I'm so close. Thanks.

Stretch

quid.non

hmm...
As I understood it when I was doing it, it was more that you just needed to get the numbers they were looking for and it was like part of a completion checklist to get final select, the parts weren't weighted any more than anything else. So while Im not sure what minimums you were looking at, I was told that bare minimum to get sent to OCS was 58 sit ups, 48 push ups, and the mile and a half in less than 12 minutes. Best of luck.

Rasczak

Marine
Just do the best you can. Don't worry about the weight of it on your chances of getting final select. If anything, rest up before you take it. Eat well, eat light. Stay away from greasy foods the day before.
Oh and, good luck.

Stretch32

As I understood it when I was doing it, it was more that you just needed to get the numbers they were looking for and it was like part of a completion checklist to get final select, the parts weren't weighted any more than anything else. So while Im not sure what minimums you were looking at, I was told that bare minimum to get sent to OCS was 58 sit ups, 48 push ups, and the mile and a half in less than 12 minutes. Best of luck.

I think I remember seeing some numbers like 32 pu, 45ish su and a 1.5mi run within 14 mins. or something like that for minimums. I'm not sure if the minimums go up if your older as they do in the fleet for your yearly PRT (I'm 26 right now) or if OCS entrance minimums are higher. Well, either way, I think I should be able to make the numbers you posted above. I think I remember my first OSO telling me as long as you were close to 60 pu, 70 su and a 12 min run you'd be all right. My only real concern would be push-ups I guess. Thanks for the replies. Any other thoughts? Thanks again.

Stretch

Goob83

None
The PRT has no bearing on your final select unless you do not meet the standards for your age. you must pass all areas with a good low. no exceptions.
here is a link to keep the questions down
http://www.navy-prt.com/

So if you cannot meet the standard you are not final selected if you meet the standard you are select

Stretch32

The PRT has no bearing on your final select unless you do not meet the standards for your age. you must pass all areas with a good low. no exceptions.
here is a link to keep the questions down
http://www.navy-prt.com/

So if you cannot meet the standard you are not final selected if you meet the standard you are select

Ok, that answers my question. I should be good then. Thanks for all the help.

Stretch