• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

We got ours! When are you getting yours???

Elmendorf Welcomes F-22 Raptor

Elmendorf will continue receiving F-22s over the next couple years, with all 40 Raptors scheduled to be in place by December 2009.

Approximately 40 aircraft are scheduled to be delivered to Elmendorf, with 20 aircraft designated for the 90th Fighter Squadron and the other 20 to the 525th Fighter Squadron which will be activated later this year. The Air Force Reserve will fly the F-22 as part of the 302nd Fighter Squadron.

See link for rest.

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/cg...5128&manuel_call_mod=release&modele=jdc_inter

Any Whidbey guys gonna go up and take unauthorized training shots at it? Have fun show us your proof ! :D

Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin employs about 140,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation reported 2006 sales of $39.6 billion.

Someone please explain to me as was discussed in the JSF thread how this company would have gone out of business if they didn't beat Boeing in the F-35 contract.

Dingobat

Guess she don't like the Cornbread either...
The corporation reported 2006 sales of $39.6 billion.
Someone please explain to me as was discussed in the JSF thread how this company would have gone out of business if they didn't beat Boeing in the F-35 contract.
Didn't they get a fat share of that $40 billion because of the JSF?!

snake020

Contributor
Attached pics were the first raptors to arrive in AK. Then they broke and became "maintenance training assets"

Attachments

• 087 and -090 Ferry From Langley.ppt
    814 KB · Views: 112

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Cool shots. Hmmm... Would flying the raptor be worth going to doing a tour in Alaska?...

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Cool shots. Hmmm... Would flying the raptor be worth going to doing a tour in Alaska?...

Flying a 152 would be worth doing a tour in Alaska. Anchorage is a good town. Southcentral Alaska rocks. And, much to my surprise when I was last there, there are LOTS of hot chicks - mostly Russian, but that's OK.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Southcentral A-K, fools. Gnome, representin'.

Sorry, I don't know what came over me...

Kidding aside, I'd love to spend some time in AK, but my wife would probably leave and/or stab me if I ever got orders there. Seeing as how she's from a tropical island and all.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Where is this? Are we talking about the same Anchorage AK where the girls make MB's manatee look anorexic with their year round winter blubber?

Totally serious. Blew me away when I was there (two months ago). I grew up in Alaska and was always the first to tell people that there were very, very few attractive women.

I imagine Fairbanks is still hurting...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks, Ted!

They currently have the sweetest F-15C variants (AIM-9X with JHMCS, MIDS, AESA) thanks to Ted Stevens*. As long as he stays a power broker in Congress, they'll have the latest toys (no surprise Raptors are showing up there).

*I went to the 03 debut of their latest F-15C variant and his name was everywhere including the airport. The squadron had just gotten back from a few weeks in Key West fighting the German MiG-29s so life was good for them.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
WSO in F-15

I bet the WSO's in those F-15s in the picture are elated at the arrival of the Raptor. I guess it would be like being best friends with Brad Pitt.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Any Whidbey guys gonna go up and take unauthorized training shots at it? Have fun show us your proof ! :D

Wow. You got us. We're so stoked that we've fast-tracked the flight testing on the Prowler's new gun pod just so we can go up there and beat up on some F-22s. What's that? You want HUD footage, too? Well, that could be a problem . . . :icon_tong

Wow. You got us. We're so stoked that we've fast-tracked the flight testing on the Prowler's new gun pod just so we can go up there and beat up on some F-22s. What's that? You want HUD footage, too? Well, that could be a problem . . . :icon_tong

You mean that thing that sticks off the front of your plane isn't a gun ???:D

Bet that "airshow" question gets old.

You could probably get the F-22 into a turn and turn on all your magic boxes and melt it's computer. Or shoot a HARM at it

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They currently have the sweetest F-15C variants (AIM-9X with JHMCS, MIDS, AESA) thanks to Ted Stevens*. As long as he stays a power broker in Congress, they'll have the latest toys (no surprise Raptors are showing up there).

*I went to the 03 debut of their latest F-15C variant and his name was everywhere including the airport. The squadron had just gotten back from a few weeks in Key West fighting the German MiG-29s so life was good for them.

That's the catch, he might not be there much longer.........:eek: