• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WD-40

FlyinRock

I read of this before and finally tried it. I have a dark blue car and try to keep it washed and waxed since it is a 20K investment. The bug crap seemed impervious to washing and was always apparent after a wash job. So ..... I sprayed some WD40 over the affected area and used my hand to smear it around over the bug spots. It turned into a smear like hand cream as it emulsified and then I washed it off with the normal soap and water. Damned if the bug shit wasn't gone! Impressed hell out of me.
Semper fi
Rocky

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
If your issue is Lovebugs, another great tool is wetted dryer sheets. It takes the Lovebugs right off and then you scrub a little bit with the sheet and it gets off the residue.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If your issue is Lovebugs, another great tool is wetted dryer sheets. It takes the Lovebugs right off and then you scrub a little bit with the sheet and it gets off the residue.
Lord, do I remember lovebugs! Driving to/from Cecil Field & W. Jax, it seemed to be one massive airborne orgy during mating season. Gave new meaning to "Flying United". Heh.. at least they got to die with a smile on their tiny faces!;)Love Bugs FL.png

Had I known about scrubbing them off with WD-40 & dryer sheets, I'd have had more weekend time free for sipping cold JAX.
BzB