• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Watches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodie143

It depends on whether you want to spend money or not. Since my watch has gotten banged up pretty good from walking around the boat and stuff, I get the cheap Navy Exchange watches. The Timex Expedition is pretty good. It has the standard alarm, chronometer, timer and it also features a second time zoon if you wish. All for around $27.00. It is easy to read and it also has the indiglo.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Go on deployment, and get together with your wardroom and purchase an Omega. Regularly $3500 or so, get it for ~$800, and they put your squadron patch on the back.

32905000.jpg

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
@webmaster,

Thats an awesome watch!! Wonder how many of my unborn children I would have to sell for that.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I have seen it all over the place, those and the Breitlings, but I like the Omega better, especially when you get your squadron patch etched in the back of the watch. Especially at that price. I typically wear my Casio G-shock that I purchased back in '94 and is still going strong.

WFU2USN, no, go ahead and wear the Mickey Mouse watch to that first briefing...

WFU2USN

Hey, Mickey is cool..hehe. I did wear it for my last 2 years on active duty, to the dimsay of my chief. I think showing up at OCS with it on would be much more amusing....hehe.

:)

PS: No worries, I know better..

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I like my $14 Casio. Make sure it is waterproof, Has a stopwatch (chronograph), and it displays the time (and has a light).....Other than that you will bang the heck out of your watch. I have heard of guys getting "De-Gloved" because of their watch (Metal ones) during ejection...the watch gets caught up and takes all the skin off of your hand...OUCH!....my plastic one will break away if need be.....
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
No ejection seat in the P3... Though, those pictures they always show from "degloving" from rings getting taken off, "shudder", I hate those. One reason I NEVER wore my ring when shipboard.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
if you're gonna be flying, my advice is to get a watch that can keep at least two different times, so you can keep one set to your local time, and the other set to GMT time, it'll come in handy when you have to file a flight plan on a second or third leg of a x-country or trying to schedule Range/MOA/Low-Level Route with somebody in a different time zone ...

i use a Casio G-Shock

semper fi

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Amen to that, I set mine to ZULU two years ago, haven't changed it back since that deployment.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Speakin' of ZULU. I see it all the time on Jag, but what does it mean exactly? Thanks. Sorry for the dumb ?

"For he who serves his fellows, is among his fellows greatest."
- Meteu -

NuSnake

its universal time...depending on what time zone youre in you add a number to whatever time it is.....here in CST we would add 6 hrs in standard time and 5 hrs in daylight savings time....so if it is 9am it would be 1400ZULU or 1500ZULU.
It is 11:30pm here now so it would be 0430ZULU

I think thats right someone correct me if I am wrong

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
--Edmund Burke

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Thanks for the clearance.

"For he who serves his fellows, is among his fellows greatest."
- Meteu -

Status
Not open for further replies.