• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waste Management and Trash On Navy Aircraft Carriers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux

Back in the day...everything went over the side when 50 miles out to sea...AIGs would follow us and pick at anything that floated.

Overall a smellly rank job working trash detail...should be on Dirtiest Jobs show.

I was wondering what they do "now=a=days" so thanks for the information but I can assure you way back when, the "Igor room" was the best skate job I ever had as a lowly airman. Igor being the massive garbage disposal in a large stainless bathtub apparatus got fed by the messcooks dumping 55 gallon shitcan loads of slop from the scullery. Should a 55 gallon of slop be spilled, yes it would qualify for "Dirty Jobs show". Igor room skates (two of us) sole duty was to give him an occasional mouthwash of pine oil and wash him down. Once caught sleeping, myself and fellow skate got demoted to the scullery. Igor was a badass, he could digest spoons, forks and knives without a belch. :)

Funny you say it goes on a barge, I wonder if the locals take it a short way offshore and dump it themselves. Wouldn't surprise me.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Back in 99, saw desks and chairs being dumped overboard. Metal and wood so it should be okay :) I wonder about the thousands of pounds of gas dumped from aircraft coming into the break or downwind, does it evaporate before coming into contact with the water. I was also at Sea World one time, watching Shamoo and he pissed in the water. I've never seen so much urine. That has to be harmful in some way. We should regulate the urine cycles of those big fish. It could cause cutties or a severe rash.

BigRed389

None
There's also CHT...where do you think all that shit and piss goes? Can't dump that nilly willy either.

Regulations on that as well.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I always wondered how many of these little "paper weights" went overboard, back in the day.

holdback1yd5.jpg

If enough saved, a guy could have started a lucrative marine salvage and paperweight business. :D

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I always wondered how many of these little "paper weights" went overboard, back in the day.

holdback1yd5.jpg

If enough saved, a guy could have started a lucrative marine salvage and paperweight business. :D

I don't know, it seems that the piece got sheared off at the top.. must be some kind of sudden applied force. Yup, better use it as a paperweight. Or as a cheap DV gift.

gunnerdd972

That ship had a healthy beautification plan....cleaning out the helo trash

Yep, people always dog on the helo's, that is until a helo plucks them out of the water. By the way VS-41's old hanger is home to HSC-23 the Wildcards now.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.