• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

War Deserter!

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Chuck Wiley is a deserter. The story doesn't talk about the real reason he deserted, but it appears this former Chief was headed on an IA and refused to go. After 17 years of service, he just quit. Unbelievable!

-ea6bflyr ;)

Zissou

Banned
Weak and unreadable.

A real protester would enlist for infantry and volunteer for Iraq. I'de listen to that protester any day of the week. And buy him a beer. Those faux anti-war protesters lack sincerity from any angle.

This turd-burgler could have salvaged a measure of dignity by standing his incarceration at Leavenworth. And it would have only been a sliver at that.

But he has none now.

Funny how shallow a commitment the Anti-Victory protesters seem to have. Anything more than a day in jail cuts too deep into their vain and selfish lives.

bb1125

None
What pisses me off most about that article is that they actually refer to him as "Chief Petty Officer" Wiley. He sure as hell isn't a "Chief" in my book.

BTW, did it say somewhere that he was going an IA? I thought it said he was due to transfer to the GW and was deploying to the gulf. I could understand (somewhat) not wanting to do an IA, but just another gulf cruise, come on.:icon_rage

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Thankfully Canada has not been real friendly to deserters lately. Cya soon!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Thankfully Canada has not been real friendly to deserters lately. Cya soon!

How hard could he be to find? Just find the dude without the floppy head that matches his description. There's only a couple thousand people in Canada anyway....can't take THAT long. :D

AJB37

How hard could he be to find? Just find the dude without the floppy head that matches his description. There's only a couple thousand people in Canada anyway....can't take THAT long. :D

That... or you could just find him at the place the article said he was staying...

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not sure why these assclowns are still making a run for Canada, unless they're just not doing their research.

Canada didn't extradite draft-dodgers duing Vietnam because extradition treaties only apply when the law applies in both countries - and Canada didn't have a draft law. But desertion from the Armed Forces is just as much of a crime in Canada as it is here. Sure extradition hearings take a while, and lots of them are trying to hide under some "I deserted because I don't belive in the war, ergo I'm being persecuted for my beliefs and I want asylum" bullshit, but Canada's made it abundantly clear that they're having none of it.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Goes to show that all chiefs are not shithot as the Ensign commissionees are led to believe. Maybe there is room in his tent for Susan Sarandon and Jane Fonda.

Bevo16

pilot
"If I refused to be deployed to Iraq ... I'd have been sent to (the U.S. Disciplinary Barracks at) Fort Leavenworth, Kansas."

Whatever dude. You were not being deployed to Iraq, you were going to be 6 decks below sunlight on a carrier. The only desert he was going to see would be dune surfing on port calls in Dubai. All he had to do was shut up and push for a few months and have his TLD checked. It's not like someone was asking him to squeeze a trigger or anything, and he obviously never got any training in ROE.

Flugelman

Contributor
A weak player. All ranks and rates have them, although most are weeded out before making Chief or ____ (fill in the blank). Emphasis on most.

Knowing what we now know about this individual, I would have liked to been involved in his Chief's initiation. Although, in this kinder, gentler Navy, I suspect he probably got an extra doughnut and cup of coffee.:icon_rage

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seriously, if he was truly committed to his cause he would have gone to prison willfully. That at least I could have respected. One of the divinity professors at my school went to jail during Korea for refusing the draft and while I completely abhor his political beliefs, I respect him for understanding the consequences of civil disobedience.