• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

waiver wait

cwyx

Hey if i go to MEPS and they find that somthing is wrong with me that requires a waiver how long would it take to get that waiver?

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
Depends on what the waiver is for. Mine was a sure thing the doc told me so it was a couple weeks. For MJ use, it's a short wait time. For waiverable stuff in your childhood, not a problem. For PRK, I've heard it's a bit longer. Really depends. What's the waiver for?

cwyx

theres a history of scoliosis in my family and im not sure if i have it or not..i have no symptoms of it but who knows what they will find in xrays

cwyx

are they really really strict about stuff at meps. If i have a frekle (frekel? freckel?) out of place are they gonna dq me? lol...

joboy_2.0

Contributor
When you get into your underwear and "dance for the man", they do a back check and you'll find out if you have scoliosis. If you do, you can't do sh!t about it. If you don't no sweat. They aren't going to find something that isn't there. Don't sweat things you can't change. Even if you have scoliosis (not likely since you don't notice any problems), you can't do anything about it now. Just go and get it over with. MEPS isn't so much Nazi camp for docs and corpsmen as much as it is a cattle drive with people barking at you telling you where to go. The idea with MEPS is to get people through as FAST as possible so they can't think about where they're going and have time to overanalyze it and want to back out (at least this is what I was told when I went down).

akdorsey

You got a problem with me?
Do you know how long a wait it is for childhood asthma waiver, like last symptom was 8 year old?

joboy_2.0

Contributor
Nobody knows for sure. If you go prepared with test results and a note from the doc showing you're asymptomatic and haven't been treated since you were 8, it will probably be trivial. But if you need to get it checked out at MEPS, stand by to stand by. Luckily I got my note before I went.

mkoch

I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low
Another thing to note about the wait time (while not specific to any particular waiver) is that if at MEPS a waiver is "recommended", you can continue processing before it gets "approved". That is, the doc at MEPS gives a thumbs up and forwards your papers on up the chain for the stamp of approval, and start putting in your FINDOCS just the same. I had two waivers needed (both recommended) at MEPS in December. I got them approved literally a week before I got final select a few months later. So your wait time isn't likely to be dramatically different because of a waiver needing approval.