• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wait time from API

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

Helo pilot wife
Hi all. I have a couple of questions for you. My boyfriend is finishing his last week of API and will be leaving for Corpus tomorrow night. He had a few weeks of waiting around before he started API and I am wondering if this will be the case in Primary. For all of you who have recently begun Primary, how long did you wait and how soon can he expect to start?

Thanks for your input as I am clueless about this new phase of his training!

moestud

I checked out of API on a Fri and checked into Training wing 4 (corpus)on Monday, then started w/ my actual squadron that Friday. The rest of the week consisted of briefs, etc... There was no wait for some of us, others waited a week or two. I'm not sure what it looks like now, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere near the wait for API. Marines were allowed a week to get to corpus from pcola, then navy gave me 2 days.

Ray

Same for me, but that was eleven months ago. I think it depends on what squadron and how many people are coming on a particular week. It won't be as long as API though.

VT-22 T-45A TS
Currently: Phase 1/Mod 1

Rainman

pilot
TW5 (Whiting) recently went to a waiting pool before your squadron picks up. Seems the pecking order is Air Force / Coast Guard / Navy / Marines.

not absolute; just a general trend. Friends of mine waited anywhere from 2 to 8 weeks.

Since he's going to Corpus, guess it's not too important for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.