• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wait Between Pro Rec and Final Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobNLa

I was pro rec'd for SNA/BDCP back in July and still haven't heard that I made final selection. Has anyone else had to wait this long?

rgassoff

I was pro rec'd last March and just got my confirmation last Friday. I turned my packet in last November. Try waiting a whole year!

RobNLa

Rgassoff, that sucks! I hope it's not that long. What was your designator and were you going for BDCP? Congrats anyway.

navsup

BDCP Supply
I know a lot of people were hearing that they would not be selected till after oct 1st. since it is the new fiscal year. I know 2 or 3 people on here just got selected last week. we all were told that we couldnt swear in till after oct 1st

dolfinsafe

Yup, that's true Navsup. I don't swear in till the 3rd. But in response to RobNLa: I had to wait 3 1/2 months from pro rec, until final selection...it seems the gamut ranges from like a week to a year in some cases!!!

JayManC

i think i waited about a month and a half or so between selection and swear-in.. I thought that was long, but hearing about y'all waiting a year jeez!

caeli

So did you guys get pro-rec'd based on your astb scores, GPA, recommendations and stuff like that - and then final selection depended on your prt scores and the physical exam as well? I was just a little confused by getting "pro-rec'd" and getting "finally selected"

Thanks guys

JayManC

alright truthfully i dont know anything about the difference between pro-rec'd and final selection. the fact of the matter remains that i have yet to hear of anyone getting "professionally recommended" for a commission and not getting it unless it was by their own design. I guess the equivalent of "final selection" would be swearing in. anyways when you submit your "package" complete with your application, security apps, astb scores...so on. once it goes to the board for selection based on your designator choice they with either say that they 'wouldnt mind working with you'-"professionally recommend" or they wont!

spsiratt

24 April OCS
caeli, professional recommendation is pretty much what you said. It's based on your application and other advance papers being reviewed by the board and deciding that they want you in. Following pro rec, you send in your PRT, physical and security stuff and barring any problems with those, most are final selected. Unfortunately for some, latety it seems more pro recs are not being final selected. Could have something to do with the number of slots changing in the new fiscal year or something of that sort. I really don't know for sure to tell the truth. Good luck to ya.

JayManC

out of curiousity are y'all doing that new method of applying where you send in half of your application, then send in the other half at a later time? thats the impression that i'm getting from what youre saying. when i submitted mine, it was all done together, perhaps thats why they have this pro-rec; final select distinction.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
JayMan - applications are now done in two parts as you have guessed. I think they changed it in January or February, it's relatively new either way.

RobNLa

Originally posted by JayManC
alright truthfully i dont know anything about the difference between pro-rec'd and final selection. the fact of the matter remains that i have yet to hear of anyone getting "professionally recommended" for a commission and not getting it unless it was by their own design. I guess the equivalent of "final selection" would be swearing in. anyways when you submit your "package" complete with your application, security apps, astb scores...so on. once it goes to the board for selection based on your designator choice they with either say that they 'wouldnt mind working with you'-"professionally recommend" or they wont!

JayManC - Not that this is something to brag about, but I was one of the unfortunate few to receive a pro rec and not be selected. There are a couple of other posters on this site that are in the same boat. As you did I took it for granted that my pro rec meant that I had a spot. It only shows you how fortunate you are. BTW, there were no problems with my EPSQ or PFT.

aeronerd

Hummer guy
I just got word straight from the horse's mouth... or as close as it can get... My recruiter talked to a Captain at the pilot boards in TN. This last wave of Final Selectees had 15 pilots (for Oct/Nov). Three others were put in a "holding" pattern and will be reviewed again before December 1st. I am one of the three applicants still in limbo. It's very frustrating because I got my Pro Rec in April. There's still a chance that I could get nothing.
Just thought I'd share what I know with you all. Good luck.

JayManC

Rob - didnt mean to sound callous, it seems that the application process had changed since my original submission back in sept '02.

not sure where you're at now, but keep at it. took me two times to get in...and there's other people on this board who have applied more times than i can fathom. its all relative to your devotion.

nerd...good luck trying to elbow your way in, if you made "limbo" then im sure its only a matter of time before you get word.

Status
Not open for further replies.