• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vulcan!

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Man that's a sweet bird! Can't help but think of Thunderball, though, where SPECTRE steals one to get the nukes off it. . .

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
I'm not an aero enginerd or anything, but why have a delta wing if it is subsonic? I thought the delta wing was best for supersonic flight, (i.e. concord, space shuttle, b-1...)

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Not really a delta wing....more of a total flying wing ala YB-49, B-2.....

delta wing= B-58, Mirage series, F-102/106

Sky-Pig

Retired Cryptologic Warfare / Naval Flight Officer
None
I saw one at an air show at Carswell AFB back in the mid-80s. Incredibly manueverable for an aircraft its size...it put on a better show than the T-birds or Blues (can't remember which team was there that year).

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Of the V bombers, I always thought the Victor was the sexiest. good post though.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I guess the same reason that the Prowler has the gold canopy..... neither the whith flash suppression paint or gold do shit.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Most beautiful bomber ever built. Can you believe the same nation built the Lightning - possibly the ugliest jet fighter ever built.