• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VP XO Relieved

P3 F0

None
There must be a couple AW's involved with the wing or squadron that know, but seeing as how this site is not exactly anonymous, I'd be surprised if they fessed up. I've never had anyone in my CoC relieved, but I'm guessing the command gets briefed about what they can and cannot relate.

I just can't believe this kind of thing is still happening. Operational misjudgments are one thing, bad behavior is another (except for witchhunts, a la CAPT Honors).

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I fucking loved that guy. He was an awesome XO and a great pilot. He would have been an awesome CO.

Curious to see what this is all about.

P3 F0

None
Since the investigation is still ongoing I would treat this like any other mishap and not fall into speculation, those that need to know already know.
Well, you served with him more than once--you won't be speculating by saying whether this is a surprise to you and whether you think it's out of character.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
I've never had anyone in my CoC relieved, but I'm guessing the command gets briefed about what they can and cannot relate.

Having been in a command where a member of the CoC was relieved I can tell you that we weren't told shit. All the info we got was that an investigation was happening. When it was done we were told that person x is not longer taking job y. The entire command found out the details from the Navy Times less than a week later.

P3 F0

None
Was there rumint? Did you have a hunch as to the general nature, like fraternization or bad judgment in the cockpit?

phrogpilot73

Having been in a command where a member of the CoC was relieved I can tell you that we weren't told shit.
What he said. My first deployment, our CO got relieved right before we deployed. We came back from a workup exercise on a Friday, got a phone call that there was a formation Monday morning. Showed up Monday for the formation... With a new CO. Didn't find out the details about it until we got together with our old CO (who all of us would follow to hell wearing a gasoline suit) for dinner.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
My first squadron the XO was relieved about 3 weeks before change of command.
The only reason the JO's knew something was up was that we were inside a month and zero CoC preps had been started. Things like invites, arranging for the CoC dinner, etc were all on hold and no one would say why (or when)
Then one day a no- notice AOM was held and the CO announced he relieved the XO with CAG and the Commodores's approval. To this day very few folks know what ACTUALLY happened. The promised explanations never were delivered so we just trucked along with pretty much a brand new front office about 2 months later.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My first squadron the XO was relieved about 3 weeks before change of command.
The only reason the JO's knew something was up was that we were inside a month and zero CoC preps had been started. Things like invites, arranging for the CoC dinner, etc were all on hold and no one would say why (or when)...
There doesn't have to be one particular incident or violation in this situation. An XO/PCO of a Squadron must be recommended by his present CO as qualified and fit to assume command.
My Weps DH boss on my ShipsCo tour, previously an A-7 XO, had a neg recommendation to assume command, then quickly received orders to the CVA. He related to me, "it was a simple personality clash with the CO"! No one overriding reason or incident (but hardly simple either). Needless to say, he was not a happy camper, but I enjoyed knowing, and was happy serving as his Asst. for one workup and deployment.:)
BzB

mountainman

Was there rumint? Did you have a hunch as to the general nature, like fraternization or bad judgment in the cockpit?
Undoubtedly the dude was seen off base consuming an alcoholic beverage while professing to be attracted to members of the opposite sex. During sexual assault prevention month no less. The nerve...

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Undoubtedly the dude was seen off base consuming an alcoholic beverage while professing to be attracted to members of the opposite sex. During sexual assault prevention month no less. The nerve...
Sounds like a rather normal "Fighter Pilot" back in the day...oh wait this is the new PC, dull, teetotaling Service, 'course, we didn't know any better without all the anti-alcohol/sexual assault prevention power-point sessions. Wasting our time flying & mission training! Kinda' sad.:(
BzB