• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VMI, The Citadel, or VTCC?

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Only been to Annapolis a few times but I like it every time... historical district is nice... lots of good seafood places... easy access to Baltimore and Washington...

I'm sure others, like TheBubba can speak wiser words.

ELCID05

The Citadel is tough man but if you can gut it out it will be one of the most rewarding things you have ever done and the bonds you will form will last a lifetime. On top of that Charleston is an awesome city to go to school in. The College of Charleston girls are a definite plus and the whole laid back southern atmosphere is hard to beat. PM me if you have an specific questions about the school.

Citadel '05

MarineAir

Future Naval Aviator
Ahh! The C.O.C girls. Finest southern girls you'll ever run across. Tweek05, Navyfan06, do you still have COC girls driving thru campus when doing your morning pt runs or marching to breakfast, gawking at you? Good memories:icon_smil Katiegirl pretty much hit the nail on the head. I can't think of any other places off the top of my head, but you'll definitely enjoy your visit.

katiegirl

SNA wife
MarineAir said:
Ahh! The C.O.C girls. Finest southern girls you'll ever run across. Tweek05, Navyfan06, do you still have COC girls driving thru campus when doing your morning pt runs or marching to breakfast, gawking at you? Good memories:icon_smil

I think the big gawking event happens in the spring when CofC goes tanning out in Marion square and every cadet all of a sudden goes PT crazy and runs downtown and around the square 12 times a day...it's part of the southern belle rules where you never chase a man, just connive one into chasing you :D ...coincidentally one of the permiere strip clubs in Charleston is named the Southern Belle...

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
katiegirl said:
you better believe it...walking into the wrong strip club in the deep south could have devastating effects on young, impressionable minds...or on anyone who values their vision (which I've heard is important to this whole aviation thing ;) )
I like your values - rep points for you!

katiegirl

SNA wife
HAL Pilot said:
I like your values - rep points for you!

rep points for stripper tips....my life is complete! :D If you ever end up in the southeast let me know, I'll point you in the right direction!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
katiegirl said:
rep points for stripper tips....my life is complete! :D If you ever end up in the southeast let me know, I'll point you in the right direction!
Finding good strippers is important. Now all we need to do is get the rest of the women on this board to be as helpful as you....

MarineAir

Future Naval Aviator
I think the big gawking event happens in the spring when CofC goes tanning out in Marion square and every cadet all of a sudden goes PT crazy and runs downtown and around the square 12 times a day...it's part of the southern belle rules where you never chase a man, just connive one into chasing you ...coincidentally one of the permiere strip clubs in Charleston is named the Southern Belle...
I fully understand that of which you speak of. I used to be one of those cadets who went pt crazy, but my particular lack of the gift of gab, was to my disadvantage:D THe gawking I mentioned used to happen when us cadets were either doing pt runs at 6 in the morning or marching to the mess hall and car loads of C.of C belles would drive on campus causing the obvious lack of attention on our part. Of course being in one of the last few all male company's didn't help damper a few comments. As far as Southern Belle goes, definitely a must see;) Have too much stories about that place. I'm missing Charleston already:(

Navyfan06

pilot
Well they don't really pack it into cars to watch lunch formation or morning PT runs. The CofC girls are usually at parade.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Great News!

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I have just heard back from the Virginia Military Institute, and I have been conditionally appointed. Woohoo! I'm jumping for joy!:icon_boun

:icon_birt

KBayDog

^ Congrats! I must know - what is "conditionally appointed"?

Does that mean that you might be just good enough to still be inferior to your Citadel year group? :D

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Conditionally Appointed means that I have been accepted on academic merits but still must be approved by their medical department and I have to take a PFT. I'm in the same boat at The Citadel.

I have the feeling I'm going to have one helluva choice ahead of me.

KBayDog

AllAmerican75 said:
I have the feeling I'm going to have one helluva choice ahead of me.

The answer should be pretty clear :)

r20060313_221163_guardsonPT.jpg

BTW, nice Kicking and Screaming quote.