• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Visiting San Diego

navyao

Looking for some advise on good spots to hit while on vacation in the SD area. I was stationed at KNKX in the early 90's but didn't have a car so my "sightseeing" of the SD AOR was pretty limited. The Midway Museum is on the list as well as a Padres game at Petco Park. We'll be there over the 4th so if anyone has any suggestions regarding good spots for fireworks, some good restaurant suggestions and any other non-tourist spots I would really appreciate it. Last, are there any good spots around Miramar that I can take my two boys to watch flight ops? They want to see where I used to work...Thanks in advance guys!

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
Park in the early evening (6pm or so) at CNRSW (Broadway and Pacific Hwy). It is about 100m from Broadway Pier, the best viewing spot for the "Big Bay Boom" fireworks!

navyao

Just wanted to post a quick thank you to all of you, our trip to SD was awesome and it was great to get back there. We stayed at a vacation rental condo in Oceanside and spent a ton of our time on the beach. We made it to Puestos for carnitas and you weren't kidding Croakerfish and PhrogLoop, they were awesome! We couldn't get out of our condo community or whatever on the 4th, local LE closed all of the streets because of traffic so we missed the fireworks which sucked. We also went to a place in Coronado called Miguels for Mexican, that was really good too; the carne asada was outstanding as were the margaritas. Milo's Pizza was jammed so we couldn't get in there, we did make it to Fillipo's though in Little Italy, if you like old school Italian I would highly recommend it; half Italian deli half restaurant with white and red checkered table clothes, pasta was great! If you guys ever make it up here to the Milwaukee area give me a heads up, I'll point you in the right directions.