• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vision Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

skier13

Hello, I have a couple questions and would be very thankful if someone could help me out. I am applying to the Naval Academy and have pretty bad vision. I passed the Dodmerb physical, but barely. I have -5.75 as a refractive error and the limit to get admission to the academy is -6.00.

My goal is to be a pilot, and I was counting on the prk surgery to have my eyes fixed. I would like to know what the pre operative refractive error limits are for the prk surgery. I know the Air Force's are -8.00 but i haven't been able to find any information on the Navy's policy. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Go Navy!

skier13

Thanks a lot for the information, I had been wondering about that for a while. If anyone else has any more information or experiences about prk at the Naval Academy, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.