• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Video Claims to Show Insurgents Dragging Burning Body of U.S. Pilot

NavyLonghorn

We take some pictures of naked dudes, international outrage. But im guessin that same crowd wont have a word to say about any of this.

gtg941f

pilot
NavyVance said:
We take some pictures of naked dudes, international outrage. But im guessin that same crowd wont have a word to say about any of this.

Exactly! This kind of stuff angers me so much, especially when people complain only when it's convenient to make America look bad.
:icon_rage

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
NavyVance said:
gtg941f said:
Exactly! This kind of stuff angers me so much, especially when people complain only when it's convenient to make America look bad.

Yep, sure is a good thing we don't try to hold ourselves to a higher standard or anything.

NavyLonghorn

squeeze said:
Yep, sure is a good thing we don't try to hold ourselves to a higher standard or anything.

Not saying we can do no wrong, just saying it would be nice to see some outrage going in both directions.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Maybe if it were the insurgency trying to take the moral high ground, you would see such outrage, but last I recall, they aren't. We are.

I assure you, there are people the world over appalled by this, but if your actions vary greatly from your words, expect outrage. If not, don't.

NavyLonghorn

They are taking the moral highground aswell. Its just a different set of morals. People should be willing to say... hey.. you guys are idiots, and moral relativism is wrong.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
NavyVance said:
They are taking the moral highground aswell. Its just a different set of morals. People should be willing to say... hey.. you guys are idiots, and moral relativism is wrong.

As I recall when that incident at Fallujah outraged a lot of more even tempered Muslims...afterall the Qur'an even says that mutilating bodies is bad...

I am sure there are some muslims that are outraged by this type of behavior, and I know it doesn't help because they are a very quiet group (moderate muslims) but its an image problem and hopefully some good can come from this in that it forces moderate muslims in Iraq and around the world to "clean house" and either seperate themselves from these groups or to fight them ...