• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vibrations in the cockpit

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
My EP sim going though the HITU did a Vibe demo of the vibes. I don't know if that demo is done on the students EP sim or not. When you get your sim ask the instructor for the vibe demo if it is not included.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
It's actually quite easy to identify them by counting. If there are 394 vibes/minute, it's a 1-per vibe. If there are 788/minute, it's a 2-per vibe. Anything above that is a high-freq vibe.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ah, new contract! Did the old guys stick around or did they get all new ones?

They stayed, as is the way of things (the actually hired more linemen at NSE after taking the contract because they realized we needed them). They were all Raytheon when I went through, and change quite regularly. Must cost a lot for new uniforms.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
It's actually quite easy to identify them by counting. If there are 394 vibes/minute, it's a 1-per vibe. If there are 788/minute, it's a 2-per vibe. Anything above that is a high-freq vibe.

Yes, that makes it all much clearer.

I hope that was a little sarcastic.

Think of it as "whop-whop-whop-whop-whop-whop-whop," vs. "whopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhop."

This does remind me of the time when I almost spazzed flying the TH-57. I felt a buzz in the right pedal and thought, "WTF?"

Then I realized I had my cell phone on vibrate in my leg pocket and had just gotten a call. This was about a month after an IUT had broken his back as a result of a T/R failure.

Circle K

pilot
Yep. I think the guy who did the artwork was a HSL-40 (SH-60B East Rag) instructor IIRC.

(Cartoon has the old style HSL-40 Patch)

The cartoon does have the artist's name below it. Former GM CO, if he hasn't already been added to the list for COMHSM or something very similar I'd be real suprised. And he was a RAG guy too.