• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VFA-103 bones

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
my roommate is going down....haha

Right now, it's you in danger of going down since you also have several other "entities" on AW tied directly to you and you haven't responded to several Mod queries.

phantomphixer82

VFA-103 stole the bones in the first place from VF-84 when 84 was decommisioned. VFA-103's original name was Sluggers. Anyone guess why they would have wanted to have their name changed? They were my sister squadron from 1981 through 1985. I was in VF-74 Be Devilers. Devils to the end.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pretty sure the trade has been made.

Indeed. The murky parking pictures on Myspace don't tell the whole story. Jolly Rogers were conducting a Hail/Farewell Thursday night at popular local watering hole, G F Keagan's. Since it was an official squadron social event, Mutha was displayed prominently. It is also tradition that the Bones be there. So amidst ongoing negotiations, the Dogs showed up in force with their prize and a scene out of West Side Story ensued with both "gangs" lined up in the parking lot. By 2100 or so, the negotiations had been successfully concluded and articles in contention duly inspected and exchanged (see pictures). So 143 got what they wanted (IAW with "Rule K" and setting them up nicely for winning the Mutha for next year scant weeks before announcement) and the Jolly Rogers got they wanted the most, the Bones (just in nick of time to perserve the unbroken tradition of ENS Ernie making all social Roll Calls.

Friday night was Griffenpalooza at Oceana so both "gangs" were in attendence at event hosted by VFA-32. The Dogs proudly displayed Mutha whose "home" was attired in the bright blue of VFA-143.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I love how the story is so accurately told by someone who was not even there.

That's what writers do. Interview and put the pieces together. If you or your partners sharing same computer had reported firsthand, the audience wouldn't had to wait for someone to research the saga.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Rule K in action

Proud "owners" of Mutha after successful application of Rule K

Mutha.jpg

HJ Photo

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?
Despite the "Guess Who?" shenanigans being over; I'm surprised this is still going:

Squadron Image:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=391259817&blogID=413821325

Pretty Comical Below:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=391259817&blogID=414014246

(Ironic song on the main page now :D)

Any former VF Guys and/or Current VFA Guys know if to basically consider themselves a "lock" for the official awarding of the trophy they'll keep this up till the Ball or is it finally drawing to an end?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Despite the "Guess Who?" shenanigans being over; I'm surprised this is still going:

Squadron Image:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=391259817&blogID=413821325

Pretty Comical Below:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=391259817&blogID=414014246

(Ironic song on the main page now :D)

Any former VF Guys and/or Current VFA Guys know if to basically consider themselves a "lock" for the official awarding of the trophy they'll keep this up till the Ball or is it finally drawing to an end?

Despite having possession of Mutha at the moment, it gets awarded annually and competition is about to be judged so style and keeping the memory of their coup fresh is important. Their timing is very good to get first consideration and right to paint MUTHA on their jets.

VFA-103 still retains privilege to have MUTHA painted on their jets even though they lost the actual trophy.

SansMutha.jpg