• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

very respectfully

crusin2navy

I see this every time I email recruiters, etc. is it a common thing for Officers mainly or just everyone in the Navy:

V/R
ENS Miller

user2176

STA-21 Core Selectee FY08
Contributor
Everyone, then later at a certain pay grade you apparently can drop the V. ;)

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
If you write to someone important (CO,XO,DH etc..) spell it out Very Respectfully. Or when in doubt spell it out.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Typically, R is for info sent to those junior to you. V/R is for messages sent to senior people.

Schnugg

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
the same meaning...R is just shorthand for Respectfully.

I've contacted Admirals and ended with V/R with no problems or misundertsanding. It can depend on the formality of what you are sending and who the recipient is.

R/
G

m3urthy

Why don't you have a seat right over there.
the same meaning...R is just shorthand for Respectfully.

I've contacted Admirals and ended with V/R with no problems or misundertsanding. It can depend on the formality of what you are sending and who the recipient is.

R/
G

Yes, sir. My fault, I should have expanded my question for clarity.

Would it be better to write out 'respectfully' or leave a V/R and be done with it?

I've always left 'Regards', but I see the merits in the usage of ""V/R" or any expansion thereof.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Yes, sir. My fault, I should have expanded my question for clarity.

Would it be better to write out 'respectfully' or leave a V/R and be done with it?

I've always left 'Regards', but I see the merits in the usage of ""V/R" or any expansion thereof.

If the person is Senior to you, V or Very is needed. If they are junior to you, /r or Respectfully will suffice.

Schnugg

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What is "G?" ;)

Me.

CIMG0193-1.jpg

SkywardET

Contrarian
What most people do is follow the rule that if they are senior to you, use V/R and only use R when they are junior to you. One person in my workcenter, however, just uses R to anyone who isn't a Chief or higher (he's an E-5) and he hasn't had any problems with it.

Spelling it out is a matter of formality, as Schnugg said.

Schnugg

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have been known as the Grandmaster G.

RESCEPT.

Thread-Direction.jpg