• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vehicle Safety at OCS

gtg941f

pilot
I'm just curious about the security of the lots that candidates leave their vehicles. Everybody seems to recommend bringing a vehicle but I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving mine if it isn't exactly safe. Many breakins? I'm a little paranoid because I have a nice vehicle and could see it being susceptible to breakins.

Thanks guys! :icon_smil

EDIT: oops, hit the d when typing vehicle in the title :(

NavyLonghorn

I would be concerned about my car sitting out next to the sea wall and not being used.

I wouldnt be concerned about theft.

It would take alot of stones to break into a car on base, and Ive never heard of it happening at OCS.

Seriously though, if its a nice car, you might wanna leave it with family so they can run the engine and keep it covered. Have a car is a really nice thing at OCS for sure, but sitting out for a few months exposed to the elements isnt the best.

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
When I was at OCS, one of the candidate's cars wheels were jacked. It was a pretty nice car, and they left the car sitting on its rotors...the car had a nice lower body kit on it, and it was all screwed up after being dropped to rest with no bricks to sit on. Needless to say, you can't trust everyone. You can't rule out theft even on base.