• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VAN HALEN! Not Van Haggar

KC130FE

Livin' the Life!
VAN HALEN! Not Van Hagar

van halen.jpgVAN HALEN has announced the details of their much-anticipated reunion tour with David Lee Roth :eek: today at a Los Angeles press conference. The arena tour kicks off September 27 in Charlotte, North Carolina, and continues through December 11 in Calgary, Alberta. The first confirmed dates are as follows:

Sep. 27 - Charlotte, N.C. @ Bobcats Arena
Sep. 29 - Greensboro, N.C. @ Coliseum
Oct. 01 - Philadelphia @ Wachovia Center
Oct. 07 - Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
Oct. 10 - Cleveland @ Quicken Loans Arena
Oct. 14 - Indianapolis @ Conseco Fieldhouse
Oct. 16 - Chicago @ Allstate Arena
Oct. 18 - Chicago @ United Center
Oct. 22 - Auburn Hills, Mich. @ Palace of Auburn Hills
Oct. 24 - Minneapolis @ Target Center
Oct. 26 - Kansas City, Mo. @ Sprint Center
Oct. 28 - St. Louis @ Scottrade Center
Oct. 30 - Boston @ TD Banknorth Garden
Nov. 03 - East Rutherford, N.J. @ Continental Airline Arena
Nov. 13 - New York @ Madison Square Garden
Nov. 20 - Los Angeles @ Staples Center
Nov. 23 - Glendale, Ariz. @ Jobing.com Arena
Nov. 25 - San Diego @ Cox Arena
Nov. 27 - Sacramento, Calif. @ Arco Arena
Nov. 29 - San Jose, Calif. @ HP Pavilion
Dec. 01 - Portland, Ore. @ Rose Garden
Dec. 03 - Seattle @ Key Arena
Dec. 05 - Vancouver @ GM Place
Dec. 09 - Edmonton, Alberta @ Rexall Palace
Dec. 11 - Calgary, Alberta @ Pengrowth Saddledome

Man, I hope they don't fu#k this up!

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I saw the press conference on VH1 classics. Roth did seem rather toned down, unlike the first reunion tour announced on the MTV video awards a few years back where he pissed off the other guys with his 'jokes' and antics. Hopefully it lasts too.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Didn't "Eddie" have his tongue (or some part of it) removed due cancer from his smoking...and he's still smoking like a chimney.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Didn't "Eddie" have his tongue (or some part of it) removed due cancer from his smoking...and he's still smoking like a chimney.

Indeed. He can barely talk. I saw them w/ Hagar in '04 and they all looked very tired and were doing the begging for applause thing a lot - kind of sad, after having seen them on the Carnal Knowledges tour.

Brett

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Recently EVH did a promo bit for Fender guitars. He jammed live on a stage peddling his trademark white and red guitar.

What I noticed besides his usual rifts was he sounded drunk...I suspect as a result of his cancer and surgery.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Tongue? What about that hip replacement? There's no f-ing way EVH is going to make it through this without going back on the "meds".
No Florida dates either, must've figured they'd be dead by then.

skim

None
Contributor
If Keith Richards can survive, I sure hope he can. I think he is much, much better...

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Keith Richards? apples and oranges, that fvcker isn't human. And he's been talking like he's drunk for forty years with a tongue and all.

skim

None
Contributor
Yeah, that guy embalmed himself long ago, therefore, he can't die, or stumble on
a riff.

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
Keith Richards? apples and oranges, that fvcker isn't human. And he's been talking like he's drunk for forty years with a tongue and all.

"Perhaps that is why Keith cannot be killed by conventional weapons."

Attachments

• DelPreston.bmp
    280.8 KB · Views: 30