• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USNA vs.NROTC vs.USCGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

navyfan

Thanks to everyone (thank you snizo, too) for your helpful posts. I think the general consensus seems to be that he'll do just fine regardless, and maybe even be a little happier with NROTC. We're relieved that, whatever he decides, he won't be making any kind of mistake he'll regret later. At least about this issue!

BYPASS

navyfan-
I'm trying to decide myself which route to take; that is if I have the option. I have a nomination to the Naval Academy and now just doing the waiting game. I haven't received a NROTC scholarship, but a lot of people have told me they send them out until April so waiting on that also. Your son should be happy that he at least has options already on the table and has more time to make a decision. If he has an opportunity, he should stay overnight with one of the NROTC units. I did and loved it! Went to the spend the night program at Virginia Tech with the Corps of Cadets. Those guys were great! Even if I do get an appointment, I'm not sure I'll go the academy route. All the guys were so nice and full of information and made me feel right at home. He should not only visit, but stay the night with a unit if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.