• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN may add conformal fuel tanks to F/A-18E/F fleet

delta215

Link to the Boeing presentation: http://www.scribd.com/doc/131715524/89698867-Sea-Air-Space-f18-Presentation-pdf

2-9dcbd904ef.jpg

Cockpit proposal:

5-8db011dbc6.jpg

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
What do you not see above the new display layout in the second picture? Don't get me wrong, I think new displays are a must have as they fix issues we have with our current displays and the way we display information. Just not sure something else has to go. And I am not talking about the UFCD as its incorporated in the new display.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
What do you not see above the new display layout in the second picture? Don't get me wrong, I think new displays are a must have as they fix issues we have with our current displays and the way we display information. Just not sure something else has to go. And I am not talking about the UFCD as its incorporated in the new display.

Did they mean to leave the hud out? Are they counting on the JHMCS?

Do any of the pointy nose guys not fly with the helmet mounted system?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Did they mean to leave the hud out? Are they counting on the JHMCS?

Do any of the pointy nose guys not fly with the helmet mounted system?

The F-35 doesn't have a HUD, just the gucci helmet that doesn't quite work 100% yet.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It has been thought of before... I would love to fly the Hoover again, but I just don't see it happening.

Attachments

• S-3B_Proposal_V9.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 22

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Guys don't always fly with the helmet. And at night, it's either the helmet w/ clear visor or goggles, take your pick.

Helmets aren't 100%, either.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Clear visor at night, then use your nvg's as binos. Hold them up to the clear visor and then you have the best of both. Night vision with JHMCS info. I never had my JHMCs fAil in flight and I used it day and night for almost 4 years. I. During the same time, I had two HUD failures at the boat. Still not sold on no HUD, single engine, and no gun with the 35.