• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC SNA recent class drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

duke

Can anybody tell me what type and how many aircraft were given out in some of the more recent USMC classes? Just trying to get a general idea of what to expect. I'm aware that it is not always consistant. Just wanted to see some numbers: i.e. X-helos, X-18s, 130s etc...
Thanks. Also, T-34 grades?

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
We had a check in brief with the CO of VT2 today. He didn't say a whole lot about selection except that, selection runs twice a month now instead of once a week. And he gave a jet slot to an Ensign with a 53 NSS. He was VERY concerned about that decision too. He said Marine attrition out of the jet program was running around 50% right now.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Dirty-Birds, huh? I talked to a Major when I was working at M&RA and he was an IP at VT2. He said that there is all kinds of crazy rumors about VT2 but none are true.

LAND MINES are equal opportunity weapons!!!

Dave Shutter

I recently saw selections for a given week on the message board at TW-5. I can't recall exactly what the USMC drop was but it was a pretty even split between Helos, jets and Hercs. The Navy drop BTW was 3-jets, 4-prop, 4-helo and 2 E-6. Pretty remarkable considering selections the last couple months.

usmc_marineair

The attrtion rate thing is just a lie to get the students motivated. If the Marines had a 50% attrion rate out of primary HQMC would lose their mind, MATSG would lose their mind, and inturn the VT's would lose alot of instructors. Its just a scare tactic to make you work hard. They tried the same thing when I was there.

Dan

airwinger

pilot
Boomer what API class and TBS class were you in, I'm checking into whiting tomorrow, so I'm pretty sure I've seen you around

Rainman

pilot
duke--

So you have an idea that isn't "by the month" and not "by the squadron" motivated. . I posted the fiscal year TW5 numbers here several months ago. . by memory. . For the fiscal year for Marines (last fiscal year) they were 54% helos. .5% Maritime. .and 41% jets. . .

If you want the exact numbers, you can do a search; I haven't heard of any Marines with NSS of 55 or so that haven't got jets lately (those that want them).

hope that helps

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Graduated with Alpha from TBS. Was in class 0305 at API. Just finished ground school and start FAM-0 this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.