• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC C-130's

NJ Devil Dog

I AM MARINE, MARINE FIND BOX.
Hi All,

What is the general work tempo/quality of life in USMC C-130 squadrons? What are some of the unique characteristics of the platform as a whole and the individual squadrons? What does a typical week within the C-130 community look like for fresh Naval Aviators new to the fleet?

Lastly, do you have any interesting stories of your time within the community?

Thank You!

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
Keep in mind my experience is dated but currently there are 4 active duty units East Coast, West Coast, Hawaii and Okinawa plus a reserve unit at Ft. Worth. You will be kept busy tanking, hauling beans bullets troops and equipment and it is my understanding that we now have a platform to put warheads on foreheads. When you are not flying you will be kept busy in one of the S shops or a maintenance division to build your leadership skills. It's a small community but we have a lot of pride in our mission and work hard. You got a good deal coming enjoy it.