• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USF NROTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ringerthrawn

Just want to welcome you ladies and gents who are either just about to go to college and are looking for a good unit to join or those who are looking to transfer to another unit. The University of South Florida NROTC unit is finishing its second year of being in existence. I would like to announce that we are also commissioning our first ever class (all of a brave motivated two midshipman - including me). We are about 60+ strong with a good staff of active duty officers/enlisted. Our school, the Bulls, is not too bad in my opinion (I have been to 3 different colleges). Tampa is a heck of a place to live if you are interested in the night life (Ybor City) or the beach. If you are interested, please visit our website, http://web.usf.edu/nrotc/usfnrotc.htm

I am new to this site and would like to thank ya'll for the information continued within it. I am designated as a naval aviator in training (1375 I believe is the designator), and I was worried about my eyesight. A buddy of mine who got winged over a year ago warned me of the new policy on those who "failed" out of flight school - the loss of your commission. I was worried about medical drops (my eyesight is currently 20/20 but I believe the flight surgeon was generous). I looked up the regs on the NAMI site and here and saw that the official req for sight is 20/40 correctable to 20/20. I was in the process of examining a change over to nuke (sub) - I can't afford to miss out on my dream to be a naval officer if I could be discharged at flight school for failing the eye exam. Anybody with any current info on this, please e-mail me or respond to this post.

Anyways, got a little off topic there. Just want to thank you guys for this awesome site and hope to see it continue to grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.