• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USAF Question

You could always apply to the Air Force Academy where, if you don't drop out and are medically qualified, you will in all probability get a flight slot. Now this might not be the magical answer to all your hopes and dreams, Fez, but that's because there is none. I would take eddie's advice and try a different forum.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
You could always apply to the Air Force Academy where, if you don't drop out and are medically qualified, you will in all probability get a flight slot. Now this might not be the magical answer to all your hopes and dreams, Fez, but that's because there is none. I would take eddie's advice and try a different forum.

I heard flight slots are harder to get out there as compared to USNA since almost everyone wants to fly. That's part of the reason I chose USNA over USAFA, oh, and the whole ascot thing. :icon_tong

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I heard flight slots are harder to get out there as compared to USNA since almost everyone wants to fly. That's part of the reason I chose USNA over USAFA, oh, and the whole ascot thing. :icon_tong

You can at least wear a flightsuit to school and even dress up like your favorite Star Wars character!

070504-f-0558k-005.jpg
[/IMG]

Lawman

None
I dont know what would make me feel gayer, having to march in a Darth Vader Costume..... or having to do it while carrying a plastic toy lightsaber.

It is! Toast your bread while slicing it, fight your enemies and cauterize your own wounds. Is there anything it can't do?

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
i dont think a lightsaber can make the air force as cool as the Navy, but then again that's not really possible without a lightsaber either...

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
The AF's future "leaders"....Maybe I should've joined the Navy

I don't know what's worse; that this sort of crap goes on, or that someone thought it was a great idea to photograph it

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I don't know what's worse; that this sort of crap goes on, or that someone thought it was a great idea to photograph it

Oh come on, everyone is making a mountain out of a mole hill. This is just stupid AF Academy stuff. To hold any of the Academies or ROTC units up as being representative of their respective services is silly.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor

That's not accurate, because USAFA usually has way more pilot slots. Some years you have to justify the Supe/Dant why you don't want to be a pilot.