• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USAF Enlisted Pilots, The Right Stuff, Stolen Bikes, AIC, and SWO pipe dreams.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
We're all on the same team dude. My squad happens to be pretty kill-chain-centric, sure. As @RedFive aptly points out above, a $2B warship can be brought to its knees without the right LOG support brought by C-2s and Helos.

Is the SWO community "monumentally fucked up?" No, but we certainly have our fair share, and then some, of problems to work though.

Still, your post wreaks of the guy in the mail room telling the guy in corner office that he is "monumentally fucked up."

Kill-chain-centric. Say that again to yourself out loud and tell me if you can't hear the reeking irony of your dripping, obnoxious kool-aide statement. Particularly after ignorantly summing up helicopter ops in the Navy as nothing more than ass or trash.

Now I've been about 2/3 up the stubby end of the shaft, so I won't posture and preen about how I'm a combat-hardened war hero. But I have flown in combat, been mortared and carried wounded, dying and dead servicemembers in the back of my helicopter. And even I wouldn't say something as obnoxiously showy as "kill-chain-centric".

I was sent against my desires to do a SWO job. Yeah, yeah, I know TAO on a carrier "isn't a SWO job"... got it. It's a SWO job. And I wouldn't pretend to know a fucking thing about how the SWO world works or open my cock-holster arrogantly in the way you have, and I don't recall your stint as an aviator in a flying tour.

In my experience, those who are "kill-chain-centric" don't need to qualify themselves on an internet forum. So instead of spouting off about shit you know nothing about, it's probably better to just take it easy and go to Sailor Bob for a while where you guys can blow each other and talk shit about stuff you know nothing about with impunity.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not going to say that summing up destroyers the way it was is appropriate or accurate. But your response only achieved you showing your ass.

If joboy has to tell you to STFU, you missed about 37 previous opportunities.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Give it a rest - at least SWOs aren't colliding with each other or "falling out of the sky" all by themselves.

Eh, that’s really not a comment I recommend making with the expectation of being taken seriously in a year when SWO community negligence/incompetence has been responsible for more deaths to US servicemembers than combat operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I have no idea what’s going on in the rest of thread anymore nor do I really enough to put my drink down and sort it out, but if Joboy was beating me in an argument...

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Kill-chain-centric. Say that again to yourself out loud ...

Judging by the rest of the self-indulgent garbage he wrote, I’m guessing he’s already doing that in front of a mirror each day.

Some free perspective for our kill chain artist: when you show your ass like you have in this thread, a lot of people are going to pile on you. At that point, people usually react in one of two ways - they get resentful and dig a deeper hole, or they get humility and put the shovel down. From the outside, it doesn’t look like option one is going to to help you.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
I just love the whole, "since there was a chance I might not be a fighter pilot, I just decided to be a SWO instead". You had an opportunity to do what you'd always dreamed of, and given that you feared failure (and were apparently so afraid of the price of failure driving you into a helo cockpit), you preemptively quit instead of giving it your max effort in an attempt to succeed.

I seriously hope you've located your red badge of courage since making that decision. Warfighters face personal and professional fears (of failure, death, etc) all the time. What allows them to perform their duty is the bravery to fight through that fear, not slinking away from challenge while succumbing to that fear.

jmcquate

Contributor
Don't have a dog in this fight, but SWOs do drive, and make the ships run that Aviators (well most of you live on and fly off of) live half of your lives on. They also drive the ships that provide point defense. Azguy got into a pissing contest that he can't compete in on an aviators forum, and defaulted to mud slinging. You're all in the Navy (Marines could give two shits about your black shoe, brown shoe reindeer games), and you all support each other. This is quickly going from funny to mean. You all wear the same uniform and took the same oath.

Last edited:

Python

pilot
Contributor
Don't have a dog in this fight, but SWOs do drive, and make the ships run that Aviators (well most of you live on and fly off of) live half of your lives on. They also drive the ships that provide point defense. Azguy got into a pissing contest that he can't compete in on an aviators forum, and defaulted to mud slinging. You're all in the Navy (Marines could give two shits about your black shoe, brown shoe reindeer games), and you all support each other. This is quickly going from funny to mean. You all wear the same uniform and took the same oath.

I don’t care that SWOs drive the ships I fly from. That has nothing to do with the substance of the comments here. Agree with @Hotdogs above.