• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

urinalysis

Python

pilot
Contributor
I just had my commissioning flight physical done and almost everything went well.

My urinalysis had TRACE elements of protein. I was dehydrated when I took the test and the flight surgeon said that may be a factor. He's having me take a 24 hour urine test.

Does anybody know what this means or more importantly a useful way to make sure my next reading isn't elevated?

Thanks in advance!

Cleonard19

Contributor
If you're on supplements for your workout routine you can have elevated protein levels (proteinuria) if you're taking too much (for what you're doing, not what your massively oversized bottle says) and its not all being processed before excretion. And lay off the red meat for the day.

The_Commodore

Pavement sucks
The same thing happened to me on a normal civilian checkup. I asked the doc if it could be because of eating a lot of meat/protein, he said no. I did the 24 hour test thing and everything turned out fine. The doc said that the test is just to eliminate the chance that your kidneys (or whatever part) are broken. Otherwise, I guess you can just get caught with high protein levels if your dehydrated or something.

incubus852

pilot
yea same thing happened to me for my NOMI physical. I was taking protein supplements. I told the flight doc and she told me stop doing that. So I did. Retook the pee test. All was well.

Drink a lot of water and stop taking your supps if you are, as said before.

Nafod

Change I can belive in
don't go fiddling around with errr..... mr. winky either. he spits up a lot of protein.

:eek: