• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Upgraded forum to 3.69

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Mostly bug fixes, but I upgraded the forum to version 3.69 today. In the next week or so, the next major version of vBulletin shall be coming out hopefully, v3.7. Quite a few major changes there.

- VIDEO IN POST: I also added a modification that will embed offsite video such as youtube, into a post automatically without a user doing anything.
- FRONT PAGE: Updated the front page to the latest and greatest portal software (vbAdvanced), nothing major.

As always, if you see any problems, post them here.

Mahalo,

John

Reactions: Tom

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...VIDEO IN POST: I also added a modification that will embed offsite video such as youtube, into a post automatically without a user doing anything.

I hope we're not opening a Pandora's Box here...:)

However, I've used it on a few other forums and it's a good add on.

Reactions: Tom

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Eh, time will tell. I am sure more than enough mods on here will pounce when necessary.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ah, well. At least no one will be getting rickrolled . . .

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Maybe the software will filter out all references to 42% ;) Seriously though, is the "Home" button going to come back?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Can we get an "EJECT" button :eek: ??? For MOD-SQUAD use and utility .... ???
:D
v3.7 will have a new option for mods, when posts/threads are selected for deletion, you can also ban the user. It will then offer the option to delete all their posts. One button spam/ban cleanup.

Does that meet the criteria for eject?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It would be kinda cool if I could "eject" people from chat vice banning them.
You can, it is called /kick username

Options for Moderators
/kick <user>This kicks "user" from the room. In actual use, you don't include the "<" and ">" symbols. If the user's name contains one or more spaces, enclose the user name in double quotes: /kick "Bill Gates".
/boot <user>Same as /kick and /kickroom
/ban <user>Bans "user" from the chat. Same as /kickout <user>
/banip <user>Bans the IP address of the user from all chat activity. This will prevent a user from re-logging in using some other alias.
/broadcast <msg>This broadcasts a message to all users in all rooms. For example, /broadcast Hello everyone!
/gagX <user>Gags the user for X minutes. For example, /gag5 joe. If the user's name has more than one word, then it must be enclosed with quotes. For example: /gag5 "Joe Shmoe"
/alert <user> <msg>Sends a popup alert to the user. If the user's name has more than one word, then it must be enclosed with quotes.
/roomalert <msg>Same as /alert, but sends the message to all users in the room.
/chatalert <msg>Same as /alert, but sends the message to all users in all rooms.
/showbansShow a list of currently banned users.
/statusDisplay the current chat status - number of rooms, bans, ignores, messages, etc.
/unban <user>Unban a banned user. Enclose the user name in double quotes if spaces are present, for example, /unban "some user"

Options for Users
/awaySets user as away. Typing this command again sets user as "here". This action may also slow down the chat ping time for the "away" user, depending on the setting of msgRequestIntervalAway, which is set in /inc/config.php
/hereSets user as here. This reverses the "away" and "busy" states.
/busySets user as busy. Typing this command again sets user as "here".
/backShows the last entries of the room's chat, including any chat text that was present before arrival to the room.
/backtimeShows the last minutes of the room's chat, including any chat text that was present before arrival to the room.
/clearClears the chat screen. This only affects your screen, not the screen of other users.
/me <action> Issues an IRC-like "action" to the chat. "/me" will be changed to your user name, and the text in <action> will appear as a system message. For example: "/me is thinking" would translate to "Joe is thinking".
/join <room>Switches the user to <room>. For example: "/join The Lounge"
/partLogout of the chat.
/quitLogout of the chat.
/logoutLogout of the chat.
/versionShows which version of the chat you are using.
/invite <user>Invites "user" to the room that you are currently in.
/ignore <user>Ignores "user" until /unignore "user" is issued
/?Display a list of currently available IRC commands.
/helpallDisplay a list of all available IRC commands.
/whowas <user>This only works when FlashChat is used in a registered-users manner (not the "free for all" chat mode). Shows profile page for any registered user.
/whois <user>Same as /whowas, but the user must be logged in.
/motdDisplays the message of the day, as defined in /appdata/motd.txt
/sos <message>Alerts moderator in the current room of your message. Message text is optional. Message behaves like an /alert
/namesShows a list of all user names in all public rooms.
/showignoresShows who you are ignoring, and who is ignoring you.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
A4s, we can expect the next upgrade to 3.7 in the ~next two weeks or so. Then everyone is going to have do their GMT and update their quals... :D

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Another update, yet I'm still banned from chat. Curse you UBB!

Attachments

• banned.jpg
    banned.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 57