• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Updated list of things to bring?

nugget61

pilot
can I bring my own foot spray? or Eye drops, I had lasik done, so every now and then i get really bad dry eyes. I didn't think it would be an issue until this airborne fiasco.

Get a prescription for the drops (you can even get a prescription for over the counter wetting drops) and they will let you have it.
You will be issued some foot powder, but I think everyone in my class bought some foot spray on our pre-RLP NEX run (somewhere in late week 2). Don't know of anyone who tried to bring some in from the get go.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I would recommend something brightly colored if possible... there will be a thousand black bags all piled together, so trying to find yours is kind of a nightmare.

Anything you want. It's all fair game. Just bring something that wont get crushed easily.

^^^ What they said. You may be having to find this bag multiple times in a small room that has everyone's bags piled on top of each other. Bright and sturdy are the two best tips.

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
I'm looking for some clarification on differing perspectives of what to pack both in this thread and others such as the Stupid Questions thread. Quite a few people have expressed the necessity of packing strictly according to the "Required Items to Bring" list on the OCS website (i.e. five pairs of white briefs, 3 packs of white crew socks - no more, no style deviations, etc). Others have recommended bringing more than the recommended number of certain items as well as additional items not on the list.

Its been mentioned any excess/unrequired items will be placed in your lucky bag and remain unavailable for a certain period of time - my questions are how long do you typically go before you have access to your extra clothes, what is the reaction of the Candios administering Indoc when you show up with three times the required number of shirts, underwear, etc. (since you aren't obeying the instructions provided), and what happens if you bring items not mentioned such as boxers, electric razors, or foot spray?

I'm sure I'm overthinking the issue (as many seem to have in the past based on previous posts) - but I would appreciate any guidance a recent OCS graduate could provide.

Thank you.

eas7888

pilot
Contributor
Here's the deal, for the most part you should stick to the list. However, bring whatever you want. If you're not authorized to take it with you, the Candi-O will let you know to put it in your lucky bag. Chances are, you'll be allowed to have it back during candidate officer phase, or possibly sooner.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
I'm looking for some clarification on differing perspectives of what to pack both in this thread and others such as the Stupid Questions thread. Quite a few people have expressed the necessity of packing strictly according to the "Required Items to Bring" list on the OCS website (i.e. five pairs of white briefs, 3 packs of white crew socks - no more, no style deviations, etc).

Where'd you see that at? What I see is:

Underwear, Briefs (white) – 10 pair
* Regular briefs only
Long Crew Socks (white) – 3 packs

Since 'pack' is incredibly broad, I'd say bring whatever you want. My personal feeling is, I would rather have it and be told I can't bring it in as opposed to not having it and be short something. I'm bringing 12 pairs of crew socks, and 10 pairs of briefs. Will it suck to have spent a bunch of money on socks I can't use? Absolutely. Will it suck even more to only have 4 pairs of socks when I could have had 3 times that amount? You bet.

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
I found it on the packing list from the OCS website - it has the same format as the list you copied but mine says 5 pair of underwear for men, 10 for women. I just checked on the website though and now it says 10 pair for both, so maybe it was a typo when I printed it (a few weeks ago).

Also had a question on glasses - I know most people have BCG's issued to them when they arrive and go through medical screening, but the website says to bring a pair of sturdy glasses with a strap for physical activity. Are BCG's still issued or are we responsible for bringing glasses that can make it through a run?

BrandonCl

Having not gone through OCS yet, I base this answer on speculation and what I have previously read. Up until Candi-O phase you will wear BCG's if you require glasses, your own personal glasses cannot be worn before this time. In many cases you will not get your BCG's right away so you need your regular glasses until your BCG's are available.

aodell

TW-2
I seem to remember seeing that "aerosols" would be confiscated. Anybody have a problem bringing shaving gel in a pressurized can?

eas7888

pilot
Contributor
I seem to remember seeing that "aerosols" would be confiscated. Anybody have a problem bringing shaving gel in a pressurized can?

It's strictly 1850's style. . .you'll have to lather up with some soap and use your straight razor.

Don't worry about shaving cream/gel. You'll be allowed to take that with you.