• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor2216

For anyone who cares, my physical training is coming along well, I think. Run time is at approx 7-7.5 min/mile, I can do approx 55 crunches but the pull ups are still lagging. I can do about 4 at the most. But i have 7 months before i'm off to PLC, so i'm sure i'll be up to speed on everything. By the way, does anyone know if there is a requirement for push-ups? Thanks.

O-man

Holy dog doo rapter man- I think you gotta eat sleep and breath PT from here on out. You need a 225 on the PFT to stay at PLC from what I hear. There is no Push-up req. but you dont want anything to be a problem. I hear that at OCC/PLC they dont send you to the Pit or quarterdeck for punishment, but the structured PT is 2+ hours a day. You will be doing lots of push ups. Try to get up to 10 pull ups. Do push-pull drills( max set of pull-ups, 25 push-ups, do again three to five times). Do crunches all day every day. get you run time down to 6plus or better.You dont want your fitness level to be an issue man, its make or break you.Geez- I could go on about this stuff forever, since I was in you shoes and then found religion when I enlisted. Take it easy, samper fi mac! O-man USMC

Raptor2216

well i've only been at this for about 2 weeks(seriously that is), so i'm hoping to see some good results in a couple of months. By good I mean, 10-15 pull-ups, 6-6.5min/mile and over 100 crunches. I say so because its only been two weeks and i can do 55 crunches and I could only do 25-30 when I started. As far as the run goes, I just ran a mile in 6.5 mins a few days ago. And, the gym where I work out has a machine that helps w/pull-ups. It helps you lift your body weight little by little untill you can lift all of your body weight. So, the reason why i say i'm expecting good results in a couple of months is because of the guy who works at the gym told me that he has seen guys who could do barely any pull-ups use the machine daily and after a few months they were doing over 10 pull-ups. So, i'm hoping that will hold true for me as well.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Keep it up boy! Motivate me! By god, you'll be filling a set of Blues out in no time! Semper Fi! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.