• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Update PFTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapergm

Hey, I have a question for you guys. Wildflying and I took an update PFT in Manhattan today in order to be current for the delayed board. Problem is that it was HOT AS HELL!!! REAL BAD!! Humid like crazy. We both seemed to lose some seconds on our run times, reducing our PFTs by a few points. Is this a big deal? Or is it really nothing to worry about? I went from a 295 to a 293. Just a few seconds, but enough to look like my PFT got worse. Would you just keep it, or would you retake it? Advice?

TargetInSight

reapergm said:
Problem is that it was HOT AS HELL!!! REAL BAD!! Humid like crazy.

The words "suck it up" come to mind. I ran it that day too. But with a PFT up at 290 something, I really don't see your problem?! It's all good dude. You'll be fine. :icon_smil

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
Drink that water! As the British Marine Physical Training Instructor told us, "Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate!"

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Running a PFT in extreme humidity is awful. Two of the worst runs I've ever made were in Pensacola and Kingsville. Both were done early morning, but the heat index was already around 100 with the humidity. Staying hydrated is really important, but if you're running a 290 in harsh weather, you're well ahead of the power curve and should do fine.... sounds like a faster run than I've ever done.

USMCBebop.... those guys had the coolest PT uniforms... we should adopt wife-beaters and cammies :)

MAC1078

You're paranoid. I don't see anyone on the board saying, "Oh this guy got a 293 instead of 295, lets not take him". Besides all the board really sees is 300, 290's, 280's and so on. I ran mine last week in Prov, RI and the humidity was ridiculous. I pulled off a 290 and the run killed me. The heat added about 40 seconds to my time. It is just harder to breath. Nothing beat PI in June, July, and August though. Good thing OCS is in the fall.

Clux4

Banned
No, nothing beats Pensacola in the summer. Temperatures are at 80 when we get up for P.T at 4 in the Morning. I will forever hate that place.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
yeah, hot and humid just aren't the words..it was tropical for NYC. We were both worried after that test, I dropped from a 294 to a 289...so I've got Friday morning to make it all better.

Whalebite

MAC1078 said:
You're paranoid. I don't see anyone on the board saying, "Oh this guy got a 293 instead of 295, lets not take him". Besides all the board really sees is 300, 290's, 280's and so on. I ran mine last week in Prov, RI and the humidity was ridiculous. I pulled off a 290 and the run killed me. The heat added about 40 seconds to my time. It is just harder to breath. Nothing beat PI in June, July, and August though. Good thing OCS is in the fall.

They round it to the lowest 10???

I was under the impression that they kept your highest score and did not update if it went down.

MAC1078

Whalebite said:
They round it to the lowest 10???

I was under the impression that they kept your highest score and did not update if it went down.

They don't round your score down to the lowest 10. I was just making the point that there is no real difference between (example: 296 and 294, but there is a difference between 296 and 289).

reapergm said:
Mac, its not the #s Im concerned with, its the decline... but whatever... Friday it is...

If you have a valid score for the board and it is sent in with your package, then if you take another one and you score a little lower, I can't imagine your OSO is going to send that one in as an updated score. He would just keep the original in there. So no one would see your score decline. If you scored higher on a previous package that was sent in, that package isn't seen at this board so you don't have to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.