• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Update PFT and Board Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

riley

The only thing I know (what my OSO told me) is that everything needs to be in by the first of November. If anyone knows about the last date to submit an updated PFT, I'd like to know too.

riley

I gave up beer so I could do better in the PFT. That first taste after all of this is done will be so sweet....

Sins

My OSO wants me to run a final PFT on november 7th. I have a XC state finals that day and may not compete so I can run that 300. (I weighed this out - 300 PFT vs coming in at about 117th out of 150 in a cross country race...hmm) Otherwise, I'm going to see about running it on the 10th.

To quote my Gunny and OSO: The boards convene on the 14th. You can run one more PFT before then and we'll fax down the results, the boards like to see last minute improvements.

See you in january!

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Funny Praxis...those same two guys told me the 27th because they might be losing a contact down in San Diego and may not be able to guarantee any updates getting in...I was hoping to do the PFT around the 7th as well, but have to do it Monday...Oh well I'll do my best and maybe come back the 7th as well and try to improve even more. Good luck to you, maybe I'll see you on the 7th.

SliderSD

TNWhiskey. What did you hear about San Diego. What type of contact are you talking about? I am in SD and have not heard anything about running a final PFT. At least they have not told me that I needed to run one as of yet.

Sins

So you're out of the san jose office? Nice. I like those guys.
Well Gunny told me about the 7th before I ran the 299 a week back. The last thing that they told you is probably the most accurate and up to date.

If we get accepted lets definitely PT before january. I know some spots that would put any hills at OCS to shame.

My pic is on the wall in there, I'm saying the oath with Lt Nee. My name: Cain

I talked to my coach today. There are 5 healthy guys on our XC team and in order to advance as a team beyond conference finals (not state!) we need 5 people to finish on the 7th. Even though I'm not the fastest out there, I am needed and I dont want to let these guys down for the possibility of 1 PFT point. I am going to see about doing the PFT on the 1st or 10th.

Anyway good luck on monday. Go out hard on that run. Kick ass. Remember, nobody runs faster by starting slower.
All out. 100%

SliderSD

Well I guess I will allow myself to introduce myself. I am from San Diego applying with the OSO office down here with Capt. Sanchez and his crew. I am applying for air with an ASTB of 6/7. Overall GPA of 2.7 and and a PFT of 290. Waviers (1 tattoo)(tickets). I know its not good enough by Marine Corps values but I plan to submit my last PFT with at least a 300, running is my only area of improvement at this point.

I have a question for those of you who may be applying with previous military expirience. How can I prepare myself to address DI's and the like when I arrive at OCS? At the office most of the guys don't correct me when I don't address them in the proper way. I don't want to make a fool of myself. I am committed and ready for the long journey ahead but feel as though I don't get enough knowledge right now so that we can kick *** when we are in the field.

For everyone who will be doing a PFT in the coming days GO HARD OR GO HOME!

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.