• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Up close refueling of an F-18

goopscoop

Whoa Nelly! Watch that first step. Bad enough to fall off the ramp, even worse to get sucked into an intake while falling off the ramp! FFFFFPPPPPBANG (drizzle)

KBayDog

Inching out on the ramp is nutty!!!

Phrog crew chiefs have cast-iron ones. They walk the ramp on each and every flight for a "aft station checks" - essentially, making sure everything aft of the stub wings is operating normally. The Battle Phrog is one sexy bird, but she's nowhere near as stable as a -130J.

UF_ME

That is an awesome video!! It kind of reminds me of a safari where the animals come right up to the trucks.

"Ladies and gentlemen please do not touch or feed the wild animals"

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's some pretty amazing footage. KC-130s suck to tank off of too.

Brett

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
I always liked tapping the 130. Harder to get into, but a more comfortable ride once you were in. (Like my first wife:p)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I always liked tapping the 130. Harder to get into, but a more comfortable ride once you were in. (Like my first wife:p)

We have to trick fuck our flaps/slats to get a quasi-dirty configuration in order to get that slow and still tank. Involves pulling circuit breakers and some voodoo chanting to the Northrop Grumman gods.

Brett

Pugs

Back from the range
None
We have to trick fuck our flaps/slats to get a quasi-dirty configuration in order to get that slow and still tank. Involves pulling circuit breakers and some voodoo chanting to the Northrop Grumman gods.

Brett

I'd forgotten about that trick. We used to have the Marine Reserves out of Glenview meet us just east of Offut and you could one leg it to Oceana from NUW.

Wait until the IPI barber poles and as the slats begin to move pull the flap/slat CB (FMCBP) and you're left with the flaps moved back, increasing the wing area but keeping your drag count clean.

It's been five years since I retired and my last Prowler flight and has to have been 17 years since I tanked off a 130. I gotta drink more if crap like this is going to be coming back! :)