• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Unusual Military Patches...funny and otherwise

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
One day when you're old and crusty highly experienced you may think back and wish you bought a couple.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Already highly experienced. Well, at least I was in my last job, now I'm scrambling to figure the new one out.

I think I own my current last squadron patches and that's about it. To be more precise, I gave all my old ones to my kids for them to play with. Maybe they'll wave them in my face when I have Alzheimer's some day. "Dad, remember HT-18? Dad?" I've just never been that into "stuff." My doctrine on extraneous patches was that they should only represent what you're doing now or what you've done in maybe the past year. 100 years ago is before my time. YMMV. Then again, I'm not a "yut, yut" guy. Maybe that's been my problem all along, though.

phrogpilot73

Already highly experienced. Well, at least I was in my last job, now I'm scrambling to figure the new one out.

I think I own my current last squadron patches and that's about it. To be more precise, I gave all my old ones to my kids for them to play with. Maybe they'll wave them in my face when I have Alzheimer's some day. "Dad, remember HT-18? Dad?" I've just never been that into "stuff." My doctrine on extraneous patches was that they should only represent what you're doing now or what you've done in maybe the past year. 100 years ago is before my time. YMMV. Then again, I'm not a "yut, yut" guy. Maybe that's been my problem all along, though.
On the other hand, I'm hardly a "yut, yut" guy - but I've been in love with Navy/USMC aviation since I was about 6 years old. I've been collecting patches since then. I keep all my patches, if for no other reason than because I love aviation. I plan on buying one of these, not that I'm going to throw it on my shoulder (a BattlePhrog Brewery patch is religiously worn there), but I will likely send a bunch in to make coasters.

My man cave is going to be aviation heavy, to say the least.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Here are a few of mine. Limited supply, 5 bucks a piece, un-velcro-ed.

photo (1).JPGphoto.JPG

Yes, the second one is inspired by true events.