• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Unusual Military Patches...funny and otherwise

yodaears

pilot
My dad bought me a couple of patches when I was a kid visiting his old squadron (VF-32) and I found one of -32's old cruise patches again while doing a little cleaning. From what I understand, the CO of BIG E was not amused.
mobile_chernobyl.gif

Yankee Uniform Tango
Here's a USAF one:

XlHq9.jpg

navyao

Here are a few of mine...sorry they're so in your face huge, I couldn't get them smaller.

patch047.jpg

Boola049.jpg

FOD048.jpg

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Attack pukes!

It is written (somewhere): "A loose patch pilfered from an attack puke – as long as it doesn't have an attack A/C pictured – is of much greater value than a patch on one's flight jacket." :D :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Attack pukes!

It is written (somewhere): "A loose patch pilfered from an attack puke – as long as it doesn't have an attack A/C pictured – is of much greater value than a patch on one's flight jacket." :D :D

And you see, friends & neighbors, children and small puppies ... THIS ^ is what happens to the mind (which is a TERRIBLE thing to lose, by the way) when one is subject to wa-a-a-a-a-ay too many hours @ altitude w/out the benefit of enough O2 ...

I weep for our 'elderly', oxygen deprived fighter brethren ... :)

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
And you see, friends & neighbors, children and small puppies ... THIS ^ is what happens to the mind (which is a TERRIBLE thing to lose, by the way) when one is subject to wa-a-a-a-a-ay too many hours @ altitude w/out the benefit of enough O2 ...

I weep for our 'elderly', oxygen deprived fighter brethren ... :)

Hey! We didn't need no stink'n O2 like you attack pukes did, with all your heavy breathing.

We fighter pilots had the lungs of Himalyan Sherpas, and we only occasionally wore the mask for show! :D

sherpas1.jpg

dilbert123

pilot
There was a great patch that appeared around 1969 or so in the Training Command. There was a cluster f**k when instead of bringing incoming students into the 'Cola as their classes commenced the command brought all students at once upon graduation in June. There were tons and tons of new ensigns hanging around with absolutely nothing to do. Someone designed a patch that showed a pair of wings with a big screw in the middle with the caption on the bottom "VT-0." I was in the area at the time as an instructor and regret not picking one up. No photos, alas.

KBayDog

There was a great patch that appeared around 1969 or so in the Training Command. There was a cluster f**k when instead of bringing incoming students into the 'Cola as their classes commenced the command brought all students at once upon graduation in June. There were tons and tons of new ensigns hanging around with absolutely nothing to do.

Is there a "The More Things Change..." patch?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
There was a great patch that appeared around 1969 or so in the Training Command. There was a cluster f**k when instead of bringing incoming students into the 'Cola as their classes commenced the command brought all students at once upon graduation in June. There were tons and tons of new ensigns hanging around with absolutely nothing to do. Someone designed a patch that showed a pair of wings with a big screw in the middle with the caption on the bottom "VT-0." I was in the area at the time as an instructor and regret not picking one up. No photos, alas.
dsc006971.jpg

Image, patch, AND jacket by A4sForever .... :) ... the more things change, or what ?? ...