• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

University of Idaho NROTC

HueyCobra8151

pilot
NWN was fun my first year (in Idaho) when my entire school got plowed and was obnoxiously loud at the awards ceremony.

After that they changed it to reduce the drinking and it got a lot less cool.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
No matter what we never had it as bad as those poor saps in Utah, though.

As somebody who was formerly one of those poor saps...yes, the drive to NWN ALWAYS sucked. But other than that, our unit was SO much better. Seriously, what the hell do people do in Moscow, Idaho?

And what other NWN schools have a top 10 football team...yep, #10 this week.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
As somebody who was formerly one of those poor saps...yes, the drive to NWN ALWAYS sucked. But other than that, our unit was SO much better. Seriously, what the hell do people do in Moscow, Idaho?

And what other NWN schools have a top 10 football team...yep, #10 this week.

At least in Moscow (and everywhere else) we can buy real beer anytime we want....not so much in Salt Lake City.

armada1651

pilot
At least in Moscow (and everywhere else) we can buy real beer anytime we want....not so much in Salt Lake City.

We could too, in bars, liquor stores, or at Hill AFB. And then there's the fact that there's actually stuff to do in SLC other than drink to numb the pain....best skiing in the world, for starters.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Really? Are we really arguing about whether we would rather hang out with Rednecks in Moscow or Mormons in Utah?

We are all idiots for not going to SDSU and hitting the beach every day ;)

armada1651

pilot
Really? Are we really arguing about whether we would rather hang out with Rednecks in Moscow or Mormons in Utah?

We are all idiots for not going to SDSU and hitting the beach every day ;)

Bah! I'll take the Greatest Snow on Earth over the beach any day.

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
I currently go to U of I. If you want any answers just drop me a line!

How do you like the unit there? Is there a decent amount of housing in the area? I have a big family and most of the houses that I can find rent by the room or the house is anywhere from 200-300 above BAH. Any help would be great.

STAGoss

"Easy"
Housing is not bad. Most guys get a house on the outskirts of town because those are the cheapest. Give me a call if you get a chance and I'll fill ya in. 619-565-7560