• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Uniform assistance in the JAX area

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
Wasnt really sure where to post this so I figured Misc. would suffice.

I am a MIDN down at the Univ of South Florida in Tampa and we have our Navy/Marine Ball coming up in a few weeks. Me and my buddy got picked up for the 2 yr scholarship and while we were up in RI we did not get issued our Dress whites, only Working.. I was wondering if anyone who is in the Jacksonville area would happen to know the number and hours of operation to the 2nd hand uniform shop on either Mayport or NAS so that I could get in touch with them to see about possibly getting a set... We are authorized to wear our summer whites since we were not issued the dress ones but being prior enlisted and having quite a few medals to show off this ball is a big deal to our wife/girlfriend and they want us looking all pretty.
Any help would be appreciated!

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
Sizes would help.

Yes sir I know, just kinda wrote this while it was fresh in my mind. I do not know my size off the top of my head, if I had to guesstimate I would say 34-36L But I am going to run to a store and find out this weekend before I made a call.

There is a NEX in Orlando, I would try there first.

And as for the post above with the NEX in Orlando, I was trying to see if I could get a 2nd hand one first so I did not have to fork out the 140 for a brand new one since eventually I will get issued one. This is just kind of a if Avail thing. Do you know if there is also a Thrift shop at the Orlando location?

Thank you both Gentleman!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
And as for the post above with the NEX in Orlando, I was trying to see if I could get a 2nd hand one first so I did not have to fork out the 140 for a brand new one since eventually I will get issued one. This is just kind of a if Avail thing. Do you know if there is also a Thrift shop at the Orlando location?

Thank you both Gentleman!

I know not all ROTCs are the same, but...

If you haven't been issued the uniform already, what makes you think you'll be issued it later? And if they are going to issue it later, why not now? I ask because when you get commissioned, no one issues you anything, it's just what you already have and what you buy on your own. So basically, buy it now or buy it later.

Maybe USF has some sort of different plan, but if you've been picked up for a 2 year scholarship, you've already passed the point (I would think) where they're withholding uniforms "just in case you don't make it."

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
Well my understanding from our supply guy was that the reason we did not get issued them in the first place is because

A. They thought we got them in RI over the summer.

B. My unit currently does not have any in stock to issue, but once they get them in we will be issued them.

Definitely understand your point though sir and will be looking into getting the remaining items if I do not obtain the rest

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Navy Exchange Orlando
7151 Earhart Drive
Orlando, FL 32827
(407) 857-3550
Mon - Wed: 0800 - 1800
Thu - Sat: 0900 - 1900
Sun: 1000 - 1800

Navy Exchange Jacksonville
Building 987
6801 Roosevelt Boulevard
NAS Jacksonville, FL 32212
(904) 777-7286
Mon - Sat: 0800 - 2000
Sun: 1000 - 1800

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
UPDATE: Been helluva busy with my first semester back to college and the holidays but I was able to get a number for the second hand shop up in Mayport and the woman that runs the shop (I believe her name was Max) was very very helpful. I made it up there on one of the days it was open, but she was more then willing to open the shop up with an advance phone call since I told her I was coming from Tampa.. had a pretty good selection of stuff if you need any last minute items much like I did If anyone needs/wants the number to the shop PM me.. Don't want to post it on here because it is actually her cell number