• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ultra Sonic Cleaners

H60Gunner

Contributor
Anyone have any experience with using an ultra sonic cleaner for brass and/or weapons cleaning?

I did a little research and the spectrum is from "not worth it" to "awesome". One common theme is the liquid used in the machine, can leach metal out of your brass and some home grown concoctions people swear by.

Another common argument is cleaning the inside of the case and the flash hole. Some say it does, some say it does not.

I'm setting up my reloading bench again in my new man cave but am currently minus a tumbler, I wore the last one out.

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
I played with my dad's ultra-sonic; mostly for gun parts, but I've tried brass in there as well. I couldn't justify getting one for myself. As far as gunparts, I've yet to have a gun so dirty that carb cleaner and a rag wont do the trick. As far as brass, I really haven't found anything that fine crushed walnut (with a heavy teaspoon of Nu-Finish car polish) followed by corncob media can't do. Really, you can skip the corncob media, but shiny brass is easier to find than dull brass. As long as there is a clear channel through the flash hole, it doesn't really matter. If you're shooting benchrest and being anal about everything, then you're probably going to uniform your primer pockets and flash hole anyway.

Plus, that's cash you should be blowing on powder and primers.