• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

UAVs, not just an Air Force gig anymore

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Looks like a good reason to go Helos:D, they don't have rotary wing UAVs yet do they?

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
I saw one turning towards what looked to be a landing/approach on 13L/R. I was really confused as to what it was at first given the profile didn't match the usual suspects. Any idea what it/they are doing here?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Hey, Just got back from the old I4701...we had to hold short at 13L for about 15 minutes for that guy. My IP said they were doing photo recon of the damage from the latest Hurricane...BTW, those fuckers taxi REALLY slow. They landed short enough to taxi off at 4/22, but instead went all the way down to Alpha and the Compass rose...he also had a jet flying with him (Omaha 10) some sort of 2 engine commuter jet looking thing...

edit: when they taxied by the CDO called out from Base and told us if we did bad on review stage that is what we will be flying...smartass...I told the IP we would more likely have to swim across to Ingleside if we couldn't figure this shit out and drive a boat :)

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Get used to seeing them! They have a predator base at Ellington Field in Houston now...

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
So I think the only question left is who will gonna get the first NACWS/rudder shaker guns kill on one of these guys?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
So I think the only question left is who will gonna get the first NACWS/rudder shaker guns kill on one of these guys?

It's been done (a la Las Cruces det).... the UAV, the damn Gyrocopter and that random ass hot air balloon that was parked over IP East... :icon_rage

Rubiks06

pilot
They have been at p-cola for a while. They used to fly at Choctaw quite often and when I was in for my flight physical I sat next to a you enlisted Marine pilot. They do flight physicals too and apparently have a NATOPS too. It was pretty interesting to hear him talk about it.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
They have been at p-cola for a while. They used to fly at Choctaw quite often and when I was in for my flight physical I sat next to a you enlisted Marine pilot. They do flight physicals too and apparently have a NATOPS too. It was pretty interesting to hear him talk about it.

Wait, so let's clarify this: An enlisted job in the Marine Corps (UAV pilot) is an Officer's job in the Air Force?

Noted.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Wait, so let's clarify this: An enlisted job in the Marine Corps (UAV pilot) is an Officer's job in the Air Force?

Noted.

I know an enlisted Marine (Cpl) that just got back from Iraq. He flew a UAV and was attached to 7th Marines. It was a baby UAV though. Dragon Eye.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

USAF UAV's, a couple million. USMC UAV's, a couple thousand. Very big difference.

Let's hope CBP doesn't keep crashing them, MQ-9 Predator B/Reaper's are expensive.