• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

UAV Officers

phogsky

Good Evening Everyone,

I am at The Basic School right now and my company was recently told about an opportunity to put our names in the hat for selection as a UAV officer. They're requiring that we take the ASTB, but we've told we will not be UAV pilots, as that is an enlisted job.

Does anyone have any information concerning this type of MOS for Marine Corps officers?

Thanks!

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
The Col at MATSG-22 owns that pipeline. He told us during a checkout brief that those UAV guys would get a little bit of stick type with the AF in Pueblo, Co, then go through the UAV courses at Randolph AFB and at Ft Huachucha. That is correct that it is an enlisted guy who "flies" the airplane. He told us that you would be the weapons release authority, and that you would do the mission planning.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Col at MATSG-22 owns that pipeline. He told us during a checkout brief that those UAV guys would get a little bit of stick type with the AF in Pueblo, Co, then go through the UAV courses at Randolph AFB and at Ft Huachucha. That is correct that it is an enlisted guy who "flies" the airplane. He told us that you would be the weapons release authority, and that you would do the mission planning.
The Marines have UAVs with weapons?

Yankee Uniform Tango
Crazy Russians...

Sorry to be a spoilsport, but that quadrotor is CGI. Also the FPS Russia guy is not really Russian...its just an act. He's got some great videos though!

Anyway, can you image a couple hundred of these badboys zipping around the battlefield with C4 or miniature M16A4's strapped to them? I, for one, welcome our new swarm robot overlords.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sorry to be a spoilsport, but that quadrotor is CGI. Also the FPS Russia guy is not really Russian...its just an act. He's got some great videos though!

Anyway, can you image a couple hundred of these badboys zipping around the battlefield with C4 or miniature M16A4's strapped to them? I, for one, welcome our new swarm robot overlords.

Yeah, I could tell it was an After Effects job, but it was some nice work.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
All the work and ya don't even get to push the pickle button yourself? Pass.

That was the general consensus. The Col did say that we aren't the "demographic" for UAVs- but that for a guy at TBS who is learning that they don't really want the infantry job, but also don't want supply or log it could be a pretty good deal.

KBayDog

That is correct that it is an enlisted guy who "flies" the airplane. He told us that you would be the weapons release authority, and that you would do the mission planning.

In other words, you are:

220px-Fallguytitlescreen.jpg