• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

U.S. bases in Afghanistan say goodbye to Whoppers & DQ

MrSaturn

Contributor
Is it too much to ask to have a recent movie for the troops to unwind and have a few laughs?

Rest assured... they will still get them. Two dollars at a Haji Mart. Quality might be *slightly* degraded. Our ITs pulled movies all of the time off the intertubes for our troops.

I "braved" Indian country only to bring Pizza Hut back to our guys on several occasions. Worth it. However, walk around BAF, roll down your sleeves, get a reflective belt citation and stare at all the fatties and you shouldnt be surprised about this decision.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I was at Camp Bastion a couple of months ago. They had a brand new DFAC that's pretty good. They also had some smaller DFACs that aren't as nice, but have long hours.

The gym there wasn't very good--that's one thing that surprised me. Almost a field-improvised setup.

I can see cutting the BKs and DQs for logistics reasons, but how much logistical support does a movie theater need? That and gyms would seem to have a big morale payoff per square foot and per unit of cargo brought in.