• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Two more CO's fired

CAMike

None
Contributor
This is VERY unfortunate for all involved. That said- perspective is key. These incidents are not the norm and even though the frequency seems higher than previous years, there are MANY commands that operate effectively and are more typical examples of good leadership. Take these with a grain of salt, it's only August- uhg.

CAMike

None
Contributor
There will probably be VERY few cases of limp wristed CO's getting the axe for indecisiveness or public display of flamage in the future. The "Holly Graf" scenario is sadly far too likely. You know - pulverize the crew with meanness and continue to get promoted. The turning point in this PC game will be the JO who refuses to take it any longer and pummels "mom" in self defense... and of course gets charged with a hate crime. I expect to see that video published in the Virginia Pilot, tendered anonymously of course.

Its truly sad that we are confusing our future leaders with such PC indoctrination.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
There will probably be VERY few cases of limp wristed CO's getting the axe for indecisiveness or public display of flamage in the future.

I could be wrong, but I read what MB was saying as in CO gets canned for being accused of being a bigot towards his gay subordinates.

exhelodrvr

pilot
Wow - they lost six chiefs plus the CMC, and another officer plus the CO!

Probably got caught in a massa tickle fight. I mean, massive tickle fight.

MasterBates

I was more thinking the first COs to have "gay incidents" be it allegations of hazing, harassment, not playing nice. etc.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Help me out here. While it may be just incompetent reporting, lot of that lately, but the dots just do not connect.

From the article "former command master chief (CMC), ... received non-judicial punishment at the Admiral's Mast for failing to take action after repeated observations of inappropriate conduct ... "

Now my question would be how to be appropriate. My guess a telephone conversation would go something like: " Admiral,. Uhhhh this is Master Chief Snevl, I want to report my CO for inrppropriate conduct. I saw him take Angela Watertite into his cabin and she did not come out for 15 minutes. The same thing happend last week with another female .... "

Strange Navy.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....Now my question would be how to be appropriate. My guess a telephone conversation would go something like: " Admiral,. Uhhhh this is Master Chief Snevl, I want to report my CO for inrppropriate conduct. I saw him take Angela Watertite into his cabin and she did not come out for 15 minutes. The same thing happend last week with another female .... "

Strange Navy.
Strange, indeed, Master Chief.

I've said it before (1000 times??) and I'll say it AGAIN: KEEP WOMEN OUT OF MENS' DEPLOYABLE and/or COMBAT UNITS !!!

Why is that such a 'hard' concept to 'grasp' ... ??? :)

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Strange, indeed, Master Chief.

I've said it before (1000 times??) and I'll say it AGAIN: KEEP WOMEN OUT OF MENS' DEPLOYABLE and/or COMBAT UNITS !!!

Why is that such a 'hard' concept to 'grasp' ... ??? :)

Because they don't WANT to grasp it. Right or wrong, "they" think you are wrong.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What's even more amazing about this entire trend is that a Navy CO losing their command is national (interanational) news worthy.