• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Two Hornets

Status
Not open for further replies.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
251103-LEX.jpg

Ok, I've seen this picture a few times on the random photo gallery on the front page. Please someone tell me if the bottom one is a Super Hornet or not because the LEX looks a little bigger not to mention the whole plane. Sorry, but this has been bothering me.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
No, it isn't. It took me all of two seconds to figure that one out.

Ray

My take on the whole thing is the top one definately isn't. And they are from the same squadron. As far as I know no fleet squadrons have mixed super hornets and baby hornets.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
Originally posted by Ryoukai
No, it isn't. It took me all of two seconds to figure that one out.

Good for you. Why don't you provide some back-up info? Thanks Ray and JetJunkie.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So is it just an optical illusion? Are the jets really the same size?

Yes

hornetframer

Rhino WSO
None
if you look at the LEX on these hornets, they go to the front of the front windshield. On the Super Hornet, the LEX only goes up to the front of the canopy. Also, the vertical plates are called LEX Fins which distort the air flow over the vertical stabs. The original problem was too much vibration on the Vert stabs. Another way to tell the difference between the Hornet and Super Hornet is to look at the horizontal stab, the Super Hornet has sharp angles. Also the Super has 3 weapons stations on each wing.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
^ Because it took so little time to find out. I looked up the squadron and found that they don't fly supers...wow, that was difficult. In fact, I think it was so difficult to do that for myself that I should post a picture with a stupid question...oh wait no, that wasn't me. And no, they don't look different.

G

GunsVF-103

I have ot Agree....
this was WAAY too Easy...
eveyone Know that the LEX is bigger on hte Rhino...
Second, ther are only 5 units that fly the Echo model hornet:
VFA-14 "Tophatters"
VFA-115 "Eagles"
VFA-122 "Flying Eagles" (PACFLT FRS)
VX-9 "Vampires"
VX-23 "Salty Dogs"

also, the Grip-Tape Surfaces on the LEX for Superhornets are only a small peice on the front edge of the LEX where the Boarding Ladder is, as opposed ot the large strip on both sides of hte LEX that extend so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.