• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Two BDCP Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got two questions about applying for the BDCP.

First, do you have to do the PRT before applying to the program, and second do you have to take a physical before applying? Specifically I am asking whether or not I have to have PRK before applying. Just trying to work out timing on things, thx!

NuSnake

I had to do both before I applied, but from what I've been reading on the boards here things may have changed now, I'mnot sure, best bet would be to call up an Officer Recruiter and ask away. They love questions!!! hahaha

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
--Edmund Burke

csnaer542

Hey
I believe they have you take the ASTB, and PRT that goes along with your initial app. But from what Im hearing, everyone has kind of done it differently.

"Dreams do come true to those who dare to face the challenge!"

jaerose

I took both prior to submitting my application. As far as PRK, how bad are your eyes? I wouldn't do it unless you absolutely need to do so.

JR

jrklr

I did both before I applied, but my recruiter did say they're starting to do things differently, which is what every one else has probably mentioned before. This is where you submit an application without PRT or physical for an initial acceptance or rejection, and then go from there. I'm not sure how that's working out, they might have already done away with this new method. As far as PRK, you need 20/40 uncorrected vision (along with some other vision standards) to apply for a pilot slot regardless of when you take the physical. So if you don't have this vision and you truly want a shot at pilot, you'll have to get PRK before you submit. good luck.

I am applying right now and you have to do things in two steps. First step is you turn in your app, security check, LORs, personal statement, and the thing saying what classes you are going to take to get your degree. Then, if you get accepted that far, you have one month to get your PRT and the rest done. Hope this helps!

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just sent in my package this week - my recruiter didn't mention a one month timeline after professional recommendation to finish the rest (prt, meps exam, epsq.) Is the one month time limit you posted something you're sure about? It matters because I have braces (which really sucks while you're in college) and won't be physically qualified until they are removed.

thanks

I just asked my recruter last week how the timeline would be and that's what he told me. You have one month after they approve of you to get the rest done and then it'll be 2-3 months before you find out the final verdict...

Yeah, I will definitley have to get PRK because I can't see anything w/o contacts. I don't know what my prescription is, but I'm positive it's way worse than 20/40 uncorrected. Although it's 20/15 corrected :)

Status
Not open for further replies.