• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Twelve-Month Long Drop in Global Temperatures Wipes Out Century of Global Warming

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
I got rid of my truck and now drive a fuel efficient car. I am doing my part.

But then again I just burned nearly six hundred points of gas flying today... And I am only in the little league!

Ya I burned 10K #'s on a .8 yesterday... then drove home getting 15 miles to the gallon. Bring on the warm weather.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I'll keep cruising in my muscle cars and lead sleds and ride my Harley to my heart's content.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
To even suggest the rate of change of climate affecting emissions is ANYWHERE close to ANYTIME in recorded and pre human history up to 500,000 years ago is an idiotic argument at best. The cycles your referring too (at least I hope you are) should by [SIZE=-1]Milankovitch cycles, and we are blowing right through the roof of the computer models of what our greenhouse effect should be.
[/SIZE]

I never suggested ANYTHING at ANYTIME about rates of changes of "climate affecting emissions."

How about reading what I post before you start ranting off on whatever stuff you found on google a few minutes ago to make you an expert.

I actually was discussing rates of change of climate and weather - which seem pretty cyclically, as in: weather and temperature comes and goes. To somehow attribute this to global warming seems specious at best.

By the way, how do your climate affecting emissions account for CO2 released from the Oceans as a result of greater global mean temperature?

How do your climate affecting emissions account for the fact that CO2 is an incredibly minor "greenhouse gas" compared to other terrifying greenhouse gases...like water vapor. Water Vapor makes up like 95% of all the "greenhouse gases," why not ban steam emissions instead?

How do your climate affecting emissions account for the fact that increased CO2 production by humans has led to an incredibly resurgence of plant growth (amazing...it's almost as if the planet moves towards equilibrium...) throughout North America?

On second thought, don't answer. You aren't going to change my opinion, and I'm not going to change yours.

Agree to Disagree and have a good night.

Dingobat

Guess she don't like the Cornbread either...
Do you want to compare wieners next?:D:sleep_125

-Maybe the "idiotic argument" comment was a little harsh and I apologize. No need to call me a dick.

ron_burgundy_2.jpg

ronburgundy2xw3.th.jpg

Agree to Disagree...

phrogpilot73

Here's my personal opinion on the subject...

The earth has existed for somewhere in the neighborhood of 4.5 Billion years.

Dinosaurs (of varying species) walked the earth for approximately 165 million years.

Humans have existed on earth for about 200,000 years.

With that being said, I think it's pretty arrogant to assume that we can single-handedly destroy something that has already been around for 4.5 Billion years. For whatever reason, dinosaurs went extinct. They had a good run, but the earth farted and moved on. When our run is over, the earth will let a big one rip, and move on.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
We need to take Al Gore's Nobel Prize away and imprison Leonardo Dicaprio. Global warming is a bunch of crap.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here's my personal opinion on the subject...

The earth has existed for somewhere in the neighborhood of 4.5 Billion years.

Dinosaurs (of varying species) walked the earth for approximately 165 million years.

Humans have existed on earth for about 200,000 years.

With that being said, I think it's pretty arrogant to assume that we can single-handedly destroy something that has already been around for 4.5 Billion years. For whatever reason, dinosaurs went extinct. They had a good run, but the earth farted and moved on. When our run is over, the earth will let a big one rip, and move on.
Anytime anyone talks about "saving the Earth," I roll my eyes. The Earth will continue going around the Sun until the latter blows up. Regardless of us. Save ourselves? Well, maybe.

Random8145

That is a intentionally narrow view of the subject. Your arguing (with a few good points, and a lot of garbage) about Global warming like you know the subject and it shows that you have probably researched it a bit. So it should be obvious to you that you saying pro-Global warmers are using the "some areas will get colder" fact as a shield for perpetuating hysteria is ridiculous and sensationalist.

I disagree. If we get record cold temperatures, it is blamed on "global climate change" (if you notice that's the new lingo; no one says "global warming" anymore). If a place gets a record heat wave, it's blamed on "global climate change."

The reason it's called Global warming is because of the long term mean increase in Global temperature, localized conditions will vary, and in some cases will very up or down, a lot. A place like Ireland which is extraordinarily dependent on the ocean warming ocean currents right off its coast is a great example of a place that will face significant cooling.

Mmm....I might have them mixed up, but I believe that was the idea for the movie The Day After Tomorrow and that theory has since been shown to be wrong.

Anytime anyone talks about "saving the Earth," I roll my eyes. The Earth will continue going around the Sun until the latter blows up. Regardless of us. Save ourselves? Well, maybe.

Yes, all that "saving the Earth" stuff is just crap. The Earth is just a big rock floating through space. We humans could turn the Earth's atmosphere into battery acid and the Earth itself is fine, it's just the atmosphere would be very hostile to all current forms of life.

The current atmosphere I believe is actually very hostile to many of the previous forms of life that existed on the Earth.

As for the, "It's for the children, we have to preserve their future!" type cries, most of these hardcore greenies ultimately would love to eliminate humanity off the face of this Earth. They view us humans as a cancer on Mother Gaia that must be done away with.

But if they actually were to admit this, they'd be regarded as whack-jobs.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Who the hell decided that the "mean global temperature" 25 years ago was the set point temperature for earth anyway? Again, a bit arrogant for us to decide what the best temperature is for earth. Just when did evolution, both biological and terrestrial, stop? If the temperature goes up two degrees it will benefit more lifeforms then it will hurt. I still can't get over the fact that it is so bad for polar bears to have to migrate and adapt that we have to stop whatever some kooks think is causing it, yet they ignore the fact that extended growing in many regions benefit the earth and slightly warmer weather will increase survivability and reproduction of many endangered species. Things change. Our environment is complected beyond the control of humans and has proven itself to seek equilibrium that will prevent catastrophe.